PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Background Music in Doom on PSP

KreLL
December 31st, 2005, 02:39
Hi guys, hope someone can help me out with this one. I'm one of the few people that actually enjoyed the background music in the doom games. I have the latest version of the Doom player for PSP, but can't get background music working. Does anyone know of a way? Responses are greately appreciated, thanks to all who take the time. :D

MGFox
December 31st, 2005, 13:36
Trust me, you are not alone in loving the Doom music, you may want to check this 'album' out, its awesome and brings back so many memories for me:- http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Classic_DOOM_3_Original_Mod_Soundtrack;52796

As for getting the music working in DoomPSP, can't be done yet as it hasn't been implemented, we'll have to wait till they program it!...maybe they'll allow for MP3 soundtracks, then I can play that album!

Cheers,
Fox

KreLL
December 31st, 2005, 16:24
Ahh, ok guess I'll have to wait. Hopefully it will happen, the music really adds to the doom atmosphere. If they code for the music in the next release then I think this port will be the ultimate indeed. Hats off to Lantus for the work that's been done so far. Amazing playing Doom on the psp.

5u1c1d47m0n3y
January 8th, 2006, 03:26
B6 was just released and it has backround music but mine don't work. Why?

dabean
January 13th, 2006, 16:29
B6 was just released and it has backround music but mine don't work. Why?

Mine doesn't work if I use the corrupt icon hider. If I leave the folder names alone (Doom, Doom%) it works.

Must be a bug in the sound system somewhere. If I delete timidity.cfg it runs no problem, except there's no music of course.

MGFox
January 13th, 2006, 23:54
Its possibly because the path to the music library and instrument files are hard-coded (this is not a fact, this is me guessing :D )

Anyhoo, I've got music running on mine...and I'd much prefer to be able to run MP3s! Don't get me wrong, I think its amazing what those guys have managed to pull off, but the instruments being used to synthesize the music are all wrong, the music now sounds...Happy!?!

I hope they either change the instruments or provide MP3 playback!

Cheers,
Fox

5u1c1d47m0n3y
January 16th, 2006, 16:49
So what do I do to make the music work with b6.