PDA

View Full Version : another way to play emus with a single card on 1.50

kaneco
December 31st, 2005, 04:01
Well I don't know if people know this but I'll just type it anyway.

since I lost my 32mb, and still had my useless 1 GB memory card I started doing some research on why PSP advance media player runs only on one memory card instead of doing the swap trick.

Well I checked my memory card and this what I saw on my games folder. There was two folders one was named "PSPA_~1%" and the other "PSPA(27 spaces in between)_"(including the space). So I tried erasing all the pspadvance content and then I put my NES emulator in both folders, the first part I placed it on "PSPA_~1%" and the second on the other.
then I tried playing it and it worked.

But what was bothering me was, how can I make other emulators work like this in many other different folders so I can keep all of them together, so I tried this method "PSPB_~1%" and "PSPB(27 spaces in between)_"(including the space), then it worked, but if you change the whole name it won't work, I only changed the 4th letter(A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,etc...).

This must be some kind of code name that the psp recognize like the folder "UPDATE".

I hope this Helps. :p

MGFox
December 31st, 2005, 13:53
This is unfortunately old news, you can use programs like KXploit or, my preferance, SeiPSPTool, to sort out the folders automatically for you so you only need use one memory card and you can use pretty much any name you want!

Well done for trying to work it out yourself though! :D

Cheers,
Fox

kaneco
December 31st, 2005, 17:39
Opps thanks for telling me