PDA

View Full Version : Mac Ultimate Doom Wad

colossalpoo
January 1st, 2006, 00:40
Not sure if anyone is interested but if I'd known this it would've saved me hours of fiddling about (but hey, i'm home sick on new year's eve, gotta do something!)

had a bit of fun playing around with the shareware doompsp and a few quake/goldeneye mods, etc, but got a longing for the good ol' full version of doom

I've always owned macs and picked up a copy of ultimate doom a few years ago.

after hours of searching about my cupboards i found it and tried to copy it onto the psp, naming the filed 'DOOMU.WAD'

no joy.

eventually, mostly out of sheer luck, i found it worked if it is named simply 'DOOM.WAD', with the shareware wad named 'DOOM1.WAD'

no idea why, like i say, i'm pretty new to all this...

anyway, i thought it was valuable information for any mac users, also another working doompsp wad out there.

another thing – when i first got my psp, it would start on a dark grey/black screen, then change to the default red one. when i first put on a custom background, it still changed from dark grey/black to red before the picture came up.

just noticed that it now changes from dark grey/black to white, then the picture comes up. Any ideas what this means?

Is it bad?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

AtariFreek
January 1st, 2006, 02:11
1. Great Discovery, Im Not Sure If Any One Else Has Tried This Though
2. No The Grey/Red/White Isn't Bad As Long As The Picture Comes Up.

colossalpoo
January 1st, 2006, 10:30
1. Great Discovery, Im Not Sure If Any One Else Has Tried This Though
2. No The Grey/Red/White Isn't Bad As Long As The Picture Comes Up.

awesome, cheers

omniosiris
January 1st, 2006, 23:05
cool discovery, I always wondered if the mac dooms used .wad files or another format