PDA

View Full Version : PSP Downgraded Itself?

xanex
January 1st, 2006, 06:27
Right before 8:00 pm tonight i upgraded my 1.5 psp again to play Grand Theft Auto, then i put it down at about 9:00 and set around talking to my friends then i went to go and play it again and here is where it gets strange...I turned it on and it said

The system software on your PSP
system is version 1.00.
To start, you must update to version 2.00
or later.
Do you want to update now?

Well i thought it was mistaken so i went and checked my system information and it says System software Version 1.00. :D

Any clue as to how this happen?

PSP_Newbie
January 1st, 2006, 11:37
I would guess its a much more simple explanation
Maybe somebody picked it up to play while you werent looking, browsed through the menus and looked through the pictures
They unknowingly started the downgrader, saw the weird text, got scared they might have broken it, quickly restarted it, and put it down
If you had picked it up to play GTA with the downgrade not completed, it would have detected your psp as version 1.00
or something similar perhaps^^
just my thoughts :D

Kenosos
January 1st, 2006, 19:07
Or you could have accedently used a 1.00 downgrader?

Tromedlov
January 2nd, 2006, 05:00
wow this sounds interesting! Post a picture and it will be even more interesting. I find it hard to beleive. But, if it's true, very cool.

Kaiser
January 2nd, 2006, 07:38
wow this sounds interesting! Post a picture and it will be even more interesting. I find it hard to beleive. But, if it's true, very cool.

A picture won't prove anything. Try using homebrew on it like you would on a normal 1.0 that will test it out. However I'm gonna have to go with PSPnewbie's theory which is the most likely case. Either way test it just to make sure.