January 1st, 2006, 15:13
pm me
email me at: [email protected]
or aim at: dtale253
to tell me wat you think
thank you
-ken

Why? I'll just write it here!

The first thing that came to mind when reading the magazine, is the need to change that font, you are using quite a chunky font at a small size, making it difficult to read at times, a better font will also give you more room on the page for content.

The 'coming soon' section was incorrect, the bluetooth addon will only communicate with bluetooth headsets...hence it plugs into the headphone socket. Maybe a little more research is required.

The game review could have used a lot more work, the main section didn't really tell me anything, the only thing mentioned in remote detail was about the loading times. The pros and cons bit helped, but I would have liked more information about some of the entries, for example, "seems to lag a bit", "drifting sucks" and "new game modes", these are three things that could make or break the gameplay, but I don't know anything about them. And finally, you contradicted yourself..."price tag needs to be lower" and "is it worth the money? yes", so if it is worth the money surely the price tag is fine!?!

The 'our thoughts' section, again, seemed incomplete, you spoke more about the adventure to purchase the device than what design flaws caused the damage to the PSP, for all I know it could have been you not reading the manual properly!

The 'How to' guide was good, however you must remember that people using 'how to' guides, are generally idiots, therefore you must be very specific in your wording, for example, "This takes you to a screen on the top of a screen where it says w/e printer you have", I found this difficult to follow and I've been working with computers for years, a better way to say this might have been, "This will then bring up a window displaying the models of printer installed on your system".

These comments are meant as constructive criticism and are in no way meant to be mallicious towards yourself or your work. I admire your attempt and enjoy seeing people contribute to the commuity.

Good luck for future issues,
Cheers,
Fox

Jdemon
January 1st, 2006, 18:49
There's one other problem I noticed and again as Fox said "constructive criticism", I'm not trying to be mean. Not sure if this is 1.5 specific or not (I'm on F1.5) but the pages don't load in order. I know on 1.5 the thing with photos is they load in the order they were created/edited, so maybe that's why this happened. It would also be nice to have the whole thing in a subfolder, I'm glad I made a new folder to extract it to or it wouldv'e made a mess of my desktop :D Great effort dtale15 I hope to see more

dtale15
January 2nd, 2006, 02:39
they should load in order........

thanks for the feedback

dtale15
January 2nd, 2006, 02:59
im a writer for the psp x mag