PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Point Of Pops Loader

GM94
October 5th, 2008, 20:57
is there any point of popsloader because the m33 and or firmwares have built in psx emulation. i dont see the point of popsloader.:confused:

bah
October 6th, 2008, 05:21
It allows you to load different versions of POPs (the inbuilt official PSX emu that is hacked in CFW).
You can load the POPS version from older firmware versions without downgrading the whole firmware.

Some versions have better compatibility with certain games I believe.

Saracchini
October 6th, 2008, 06:28
Some games have problems with newer versions of Popstation. Persona 2 for example runs buggy in 3.90 version and runs fine at 3.52. Others runs like Tomb Raider 2, runs only in very old versions.
i aways test the newer version first, and if there some bug i switch to older ones.

robbytherob
October 7th, 2008, 20:46
So which is the best version?
Have posts on help forum on this site about problems with ps1 games on.
Been trying to convert Dino crisis from the original disc and when putting it on psp t doesnt go past gore warning screen.
Any idea if older pops might work??

metalgear34
October 21st, 2008, 21:09
So which is the best version?

3.71 works the best for me

Wally
October 21st, 2008, 21:44
It loads your Grandpa and places a virtual image on your screen.

http://simpsons.ugo.com/images/simpsons-family/grandpa-simpson.jpg

=) I couldn't resist, sorry.

Wally

WallysSuperGay
October 22nd, 2008, 12:52
yup yup

WallysSuperGay
October 22nd, 2008, 12:52
still wack azz site u weniners

WallysSuperGay
October 22nd, 2008, 12:53
wat it do u beeezy suck it easy

WallysSuperGay
October 22nd, 2008, 12:53
ffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

rennervision
October 22nd, 2008, 17:31
When I played through Metal Gear Solid, sometimes the dialogue would get messed up. Characters would be talking over each other or the sound would get a little garbled. It didn't happen enough to warrant me trying each firmware version in Popsloader and restarting a saved game, but I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem and fixed it with a lower version?

By the way, thanks to Popsloader, I've been able to emulate every PS1 game I own - even some that I see people claim all the time is unplayable on their PSP.