PDA

View Full Version : Fba - Xxx (faq)

D-man
January 2nd, 2006, 11:36
Hi Guy's,

Just got my X-box modded with evo-x and have installed various emulators. I have installed several ROM's for fba-xxx some of which work but the neo-geo ROM's don't. I have made sure the neo-geo.zip file is in the ROM directory. Is this simply a case of of some ROM's being compatible with the emulator i am running or am I missing something?

Or alternatively could you good people point me in the direction of a nice fba-xxx faq? I can't seem to get very far with the links provided for the french site.

many thanks

Hawq
January 2nd, 2006, 19:32
Your best bet for it would probably be to get hold of a romcenter or clrmamepro .dat to check the roms, tohugh I'm not sure which version ones you'd need to check for this one, since the fbaxxx boards are down someone here may know with luck

D-man
January 2nd, 2006, 21:44
Hi Hawq, thanks for the reply. I have downloaded romcentre but am unsure of the version of fba-xxx i am running. Am I correct in thinking that the emulator needs the correlating .dat file to run the ROMS correctly, and if so, is each emulator set up to run a finite number of ROMS?

I have managed to use fba-xxx to generate a .dat list but am unable to transfer that to my PC. Presumably if I do, romcentre would then be able to tell me if the ROM sets I have are compatible

Have I got the right end of the stick?

Hawq
January 3rd, 2006, 19:49
I've never generated a dat from it myself but it should be useable to check the roms (not sure if it generate romenter or clrmamepro ones as like I say I havent done it), you are correct in that you require a dat for that number release of the emu, romcenter will check all the roms using the dat then tell you waht needs to be done if anything to them to make them usable. So it will rename them or add in any bits theyre missingits possible that if noone here knows the exact dat, if the one the emu generated gives any trouble, then someone in the xbins help channel on efnet might.

D-man
January 4th, 2006, 08:13
Cheers. I'll give it a go.

plungmonies
January 6th, 2006, 06:21
have you checked your neo-geo.zip since there is many different versions of the bios and not all work with fba. I suggest the uni bios v2.
hope this helps.

D-man
January 6th, 2006, 21:35
Wasn't aware of the different versions, will check it out. Thanks.