PDA

View Full Version : Question about Japanese games

Quade
January 3rd, 2006, 15:41
Hello all, new here to this forum and this is my first post here.

Like many others I'm waiting for Monster Hunter Portable and was thinking of buying the Japanese version off of Ebay. I have a question however...can I expect an english language setting for the game or will it be all in japanese? Most games I've seen seem to have a language setting so their should not be an issue. Are there any other issue with buying Japanese games or should I wait for the N. American version?

Thanks...

MGFox
January 4th, 2006, 12:15
In terms of game compatibility, there is no problem at all, Japanese games will run on a USA PSP without a hitch...

However, not all JP games have an english language setting, for example, my personal favorites Densha De Go! and Jet De Go! are 100% in Japanese, no language settings at all! So I guess it'll be good to find out first, you could try sending the eBay seller a question asking about the language settings?

Cheers,
Fox

Quade
January 4th, 2006, 14:14
Thanks for the responce. I did end up asking the seller and it turns out Monster Hunter is only in Japanese right now. Guess I have to wait for the N. American version.