PDA

View Full Version : 2K: PS3 BioShock demo issues slipped by us

Shrygue
October 7th, 2008, 18:23
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198746)

A 2K community manager has acknowledged the validity of some complaints made by gamers about the PS3 demo of BioShock.

"When we saw a post asking about issues found in the demo, we jumped on it immediately," wrote a 2K community manager on the developer's forums. "And you know what, you're right. The texture in the PS3 demo of the downed Big Daddy does not match our level of quality either. This slipped by. We admit it.

"However, I want to assure you that this is an exception, and not a rule, and while I regret this oversight, we put a lot of love into making this game look amazing for the PS3 and I'm sure that when you play the rest of the demo you will agree that the textures are not all like this one instance."

Some users also complained about the demo's jittery frame rate and awkward display setting options - apparently BioShock runs at sub-720p, but the demo forces itself to display at 1080p instead of defaulting to the game's optimal resolution.

The 2K rep didn't specifically refer to any other concerns raised by forum users, but did say that the company was looking into the issues raised about the demo.

"As for the other issues and concerns, we are currently diligently working to replicate any bugs, and will report back to you with what we find. Thank you for your vigilance here and moving forward," the post concluded.

Here's hoping the final product matches up to the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game.