PDA

View Full Version : DoomPSPb6fix

wraggster
January 3rd, 2006, 22:07
Yesterday we had StereoMike release an updated release of DoomPSP and today with the help of our great members at PSP News and the DCEmu Homebrew Network with detailing any bugs to the coder himself, Stereo Mike has posted on our forums a new fixed release of the Doom Port.

Heres what he posted:

I've found the bug with the screen alignment and the music volume so i'm releasing a fixed version.

Changes in Doom-PSP v0.04 S.S b6 fix

-Fixed problem with screen alignment
Was a problem with the memory aligment of the texture.

-Increased the music volume to a normal level

Download the release thread here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16377

Or our Comprehensive Doom PSP download page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml

Great work StereoMike :)

Sharpy
January 3rd, 2006, 22:42
awesome, it doesn't really come much better than this, I've been waiting for a music version for months, thanks StereoMike

urherenow
January 3rd, 2006, 23:56
Yea.. this does sound awesome. I love GTA LCS tho so I upgraded to 2.0 for now and don't want to go back and forth all of the time. Does this work well with the 2.0 method? Also, is the music thing a mod or does it play original music that was in the original game? I can't remember the original PC version very well...

Produkt
January 4th, 2006, 00:09
It plays them from the wad :D

Lionhawk
January 4th, 2006, 05:21
i'm really appreciate your effort and thank u for the release. But i have a problem, i used the port before and it worked fine, i just upgrade it to your version, and when i load a wad it always freeze my psp. When i loaded Doom Ultimate it started like if it were Doom 2 and gave me an error at the end of the loading "sw1panel not found", and when i played doom 2, it loaded completely but when it seems like it would start, it crashes and shut down my psp.
I'd like some help if anyone knows what's wrong. Thanks.

Update: I just tried copying the folder to other folders name, and started it, downloaded the doom 1 shareware of the page, and started the game. The shareware version didn't work, gave me the same error as above "Sw1panel not found" starting as Doom 2 Hell on earth. BUT, it started doom 2 for some odd reason

Insane1
January 4th, 2006, 05:44
I got Ultimate Doom running...but only as normal doom. When I named it uDoom.WAD like I did before, which worked, It'd think it was Doom2 and load it as such, causing an error.

Ziim
January 4th, 2006, 06:26
Ultimate Doom Works Under DoomU, Doom2 is Doom2, TNT and Plutonia working. Half life TC workin so far, Lookin for the goldeneye mod to test. Thanx Stereo Mike!!! Woot.

Insane1
January 4th, 2006, 06:57
Ultimate Doom Works Under DoomU, Doom2 is Doom2, TNT and Plutonia working. Half life TC workin so far, Lookin for the goldeneye mod to test. Thanx Stereo Mike!!! Woot.
Ah. So it's DoomU.WAD not uDoom.WAD

I feel so stupid.

Nono-O
January 4th, 2006, 07:03
thx

nexus68
January 4th, 2006, 11:10
i'm really appreciate your effort and thank u for the release. But i have a problem, i used the port before and it worked fine, i just upgrade it to your version, and when i load a wad it always freeze my psp. When i loaded Doom Ultimate it started like if it were Doom 2 and gave me an error at the end of the loading "sw1panel not found", and when i played doom 2, it loaded completely but when it seems like it would start, it crashes and shut down my psp.
I'd like some help if anyone knows what's wrong. Thanks.

Update: I just tried copying the folder to other folders name, and started it, downloaded the doom 1 shareware of the page, and started the game. The shareware version didn't work, gave me the same error as above "Sw1panel not found" starting as Doom 2 Hell on earth. BUT, it started doom 2 for some odd reason

If you have psp v1.5 don't use rename folder for corrupt icon. Don't work with this new version.

jaws365
January 4th, 2006, 13:35
is there a way to avoid screen stretching in doom for psp? i want to play it the way it was meant to be, not to run around shooting midget-monsters...

best, jaws!

tekno5
January 4th, 2006, 15:45
great work thanks for the fix

but in doom2 there is a chainsaw / map problem that has been running for a few versions of the doom port now.

when playing doom2 on level 1
start the game then turn around and walk through the tunnel to find the
chainsaw, when you pick it up the map comes up.

close the map then go through the weapons and when you get to the
chainsaw again the map comes up again.

this problem was not in the first few ports of doom but it has never gone away since the first port that had this problem.

any ideas?

Regards.

sjurk
January 4th, 2006, 22:38
Excellent! Finally, music in Doom!
Great work. Thanks, StereoMike. :)