PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare 2gig memory stick

starlaugh
January 4th, 2006, 00:27
hi i really need some help! i got a 2 gig memory stick for xmas! yippie great stuck a load of films and songs on it!! yep all goes well. enjoyed watching them turned it off and next day to my shock!!! it doesnt read!!! tried taking ouut putting in reformatting it?? any help as my psp wont read it or even see it inserted plz help

cheers guys

IndianCheese
January 4th, 2006, 01:27
Never heard a story like this before. Usually it is something like "my cat ate my stick and pooped it out and now it wont work" or "my mom stepped on it and it broke in half so i used some electrical tape and now it won't work". I don't know what to tell you. As long as there is no trace of homebrew on it, call Sony Customer Support and tell them exactly what happened.

.:PSP1.0:.
January 4th, 2006, 08:33
Yeah i agree cos it might be faulty.. And they could replace it for you free of charge..

starlaugh
January 4th, 2006, 14:24
well it came from ebay cant find the seller anymore! just got in from sony shop ok girl was dim but she says send it back to whom i purchased it from!!!! i really am lost for ideas!!!!

maybe buy another one swap cards then 2 working 2 gig cards!! :) now thats an idea!!

morg13
January 4th, 2006, 20:08
well, 1. trie to format it
2. trie to read it with a card reader
3. The card is sony, so sony have to help u, i never heard about faked sony cards so ask sony

silly qastion, but did u use the right folders?
(MUSIK, PHOTOS and so on?

IndianCheese
January 4th, 2006, 20:28
He said that the stick didn't even show up. Try it in another Memory Stick Duo device (such as another PSP) and if it works, try blowing into your Memory Stick slot. Dirt may have gotten in that is preventing the connection from the card to the PSP.

starlaugh
January 4th, 2006, 23:20
Right the girl in the sony shop tried it in a digi cam but couldnt reformat it.
was then told to send it back to whom i purchased it from!!! which would be great but cant get hold of him! (fecking Ebay!!!) So any ideas if this is right surley they must be obliged to fix it? ok imported from jap but still sony.
yep tried all the blowing thing, turning on and off with card in still to no avail.
i know its the card as i can read my 32Meg card in my psp fine.

Oh yeah everything went in correct folder so dunno!! ah the confussion and upset :mad:

Begining to dislike my PSP now nothing but a pain lol

slik da relic
January 5th, 2006, 01:02
sorry guy... its a wrap! there's alot of this goin around... i suggest u try and get an identical one from a store and do whatcha gotta do.

da relic

starlaugh
January 5th, 2006, 23:59
well that may be it!!! ah well !!

just heard from someone with very similar problem apparently it took them a lot of attempts to reformat theirs hummm may try card reader and a few desperet hours attempting :(