PDA

View Full Version : No text appears when running v2.0 update

eretsua
January 4th, 2006, 12:24
Fixed by restoring system defaults

I have two Japanese v1.5.0 firmware PSPs. I’m trying to update to FW v2.0.0 so I can play my newly arrived Katamari.

I copied the FW-v2.0.0-eboot which I downloaded a long while ago from the official Japanese website unto my memory stick. Hit the update icon on the PSP and then I got into the update menu only no text was displaying!

In the left hand corner the update icon is visible and so are the O & X symbols but there is no visible text.

First I thought the downloaded update was corrupted but when I tried running the update from the Katamari UMD it yielded the same problem. Tried it on my other PSP (with different Memory Stick) but there it didn’t display any text either.
Changed system language (from English to Japanese), date (to change the background colour) but to no avail.

When I tried to proceed with the update it showed me an arrow key on the right side. I could more 3 steps to the right before it disappeared and would only allow me to go left again. I’ve no idea what these arrow keys represent.

Any ideas on what is causing this and more importantly how to fix it?

Fixed by restoring system defaults

hkseo100
January 5th, 2006, 20:05
ok, do Restore Default settings, and it will work, or *after doing the reset, format ure memstick and download again <HAPPENED TO MEH, i was reacting "what THE fu23##!"

MysticF
January 9th, 2006, 00:40
Thanks, I was having the same problem.