PDA

View Full Version : Movies on the Xbox 360

Dodds®
January 5th, 2006, 13:07
I dont know about anyone here but i have ordered my xbox 360 and i should have it by Feb. The more i read up on it the more i am a little gutted.

Can't we just play avi movies on the Xbox if its meant to be this super entertainment system? It looks like the only way we can is if we have a media centre edition computer with only WMV format files on it. I want to be able to play my movies in Avi format not sit and wait 2 hours while i convert it to shitty WMV format.

Does anyone know of a way? Also sorry for being a newbie but what does the HDD do? Is it just for saving games and new updates?

Reply soon people. :o

Onetonbullet
January 9th, 2006, 04:37
You must stream your video from a media center PC. Even then, you must have the proper codecs installed. I still can't get MKV or OGG files streaming. You can use WMV files without MCE if you use the kiosk disc hack.

WMV is not shitty...

mal5700
January 13th, 2006, 09:40
hdd is for saving games and profiles at the moment that is all

Dodds®
January 16th, 2006, 14:56
You must stream your video from a media center PC. Even then, you must have the proper codecs installed. I still can't get MKV or OGG files streaming. You can use WMV files without MCE if you use the kiosk disc hack.

WMV is not shitty...

i have not seen any movies available for download in WMV format. Im sure it says regardless of codecs you can only play WMV. To me that is shitty. Waiting 2 hours or more while you convert your avi's to WMV is my idea of hell. :mad: