PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Movies And Data

Dodds®
January 5th, 2006, 13:29
I dont know about anyone here but i have ordered my xbox 360 and i should have it by Feb. The more i read up on it the more i am a little gutted.

Can't we just play avi movies on the Xbox if its meant to be this super entertainment system? It looks like the only way we can is if we have a media centre edition computer with only WMV format files on it. I want to be able to play my movies in Avi format not sit and wait 2 hours while i convert it to shitty WMV format.

Does anyone know of a way? Also sorry for being a newbie but what does the HDD do? Is it just for saving games and new updates?

Reply soon people.

eternaldragonx
January 10th, 2006, 00:00
no only wmv movie files, and for the love of god take what you can get at least we have choices now, listen to music and look at pics , id bet my life savings that the ps3 wont have any of these features it will just be a 800 dollar peice of blueray so in short no you can only play wmv and not avi, that i know of, whatever the media center plays as does the 360

Mental2k
January 23rd, 2006, 12:52
It can play dvds, you can rip songs/pictures onto the HDD, I agree with eternal dragon on the PS3, sure it looks like a nice console, but judging on past experience, i'd say the sony console will be the inferior one, only now theres a company with a bit of money to show the world how good a games console can be.

I sound like an american teen drama.

clis01
April 14th, 2006, 00:23
{spam}