PDA

View Full Version : Direct or help this newbie pleeease..

MarinePaladin
January 5th, 2006, 15:06
Hello there, I have a quick question. I finally heard about the emulation with the PSP! thats awesome! But how do I get started? I downloaded TG16 and NES emulators for PSP. Where do I go or do from here? Help Pleeeeease :(

one winged angel
January 5th, 2006, 15:46
1 you need firmware version 1.0 1.5 or 2.0

MarinePaladin
January 6th, 2006, 05:14
Ok, Thank you. I just realized I need a way to connect my PSP to my computer, which is easy, but I thought I had a USB cable already and apparently I dont. I will just order one from Amazon. Is there a link or can you direct me to a site that has that program?

MarinePaladin
January 6th, 2006, 11:15
I connected my PSP through a USB cable and put my NES emulator on my PSP but cannot locate the folder. What did I do wrong?

tsurumaru
January 6th, 2006, 11:54
I connected my PSP through a USB cable and put my NES emulator on my PSP but cannot locate the folder. What did I do wrong?

Ok, I seriously advise that you read all the guides here. I have been lurking for a few weeks now and thanks to the info provided here I have managed to downgrade my PSP from 2.0 to 1.5 sucessfully, install and run SNES, Genesis, and Gameboy emulators, and run homebrew!

If you've read the previous posters comments you will know that you need to be running Firmware 1.5 to be able to play Homebrew/Emulators (It is possible for some programmes to run on 2.0 but you will need to have an Eboot loader installed and its more complicated!).
If you don't know what version you have then read the guides for info on how to find out!

If you have 1.5 then its quite simple, you need to extract the emulator to your desktop (there should be a normal folder and a folder of the same name ending in %) copy all these extracted folders and files to the PSP/Game/ folder on your memory stick and then put any roms in the folder that doesn't have the % symbol. Then you will be able to run the emulator from the Game then memory card option of the PSP main menu. (If you get an error saying "Game cannot be loaded" you will need to use a programme like SEIPSP tool to rename the folders on your memory stick and the problem should be solved).

Good luck! :)

MarinePaladin
January 7th, 2006, 18:33
sounds like you sumed it up pretty good, thank you. Although I did try to browse the forums briefly and seemed to be getting more confused and lost than anything, I suck, I'll admit it. But its basically this emulation is still new to me and I'm still in the process of figureing it out. I finally got the emulations for PC down pretty good. But this is the first time I ever messed with the PSP, and need to learn my way around it. Actually, I dont know what firmware I have, how can I find out? And if I do have 2.0, and I'm guessing I do, does anybody have a link to the 1.5, if thats easier, i'm all for it!

Sabe002
January 7th, 2006, 21:01
Check your system info for your firmware version. It is in the first category on the PSP. Sorry I don't have mine with me right now to look for the exact spot, but it is under the settings.

xuphorz
January 7th, 2006, 23:51
read my guide, it has everything you need to do with a 1.00, 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, and 2.00

if something else you're screwed