PDA

View Full Version : Umd, backlight for lcd, and speakers don't work (psp 2000) New Motherboard?

dhcman5454
October 9th, 2008, 02:22
Hey everyone,

I have the red god of war psp 2000, with the TA-85 motherboard, and I have been having issues with it.

While I was playing a psx game on pops a few days ago, I dropped it on my desk and it suddenly my speakers stopped working, but everything else worked, including the headphones. So I opened it up to see if one of the speakers was dislodged, and it appeared that it hadn't, but as I was looking through it trying to find the problem, I had forgotten the speakers are magnetic and one of them had managed to get stuck to the mother board. This bricked my psp but I used my trusty pandora battery to get it back to 3.71 m33, but when I started it up again, not only were my speakers not working, but my backlight on my lcd wasn't working either ( I checked under a light and could still see the xmb menu and games), and when I plugged in the charger, that didn't work either, nor did my psp read any umds.

So I did some research and attempted to solder the fuses that might have blown, and managed to get my charger working, but now both the orange and green power lights are on at the same time when it's turned on with just the battery in it.

My backlight still doesn't work but the screen does, and when I play a game and turn the volume up all the way I can hear slight noises in the speakers, kind of like when you slightly plug in headphones into a jack so that you hear noise but not necessarily music or sound. It still won't read umds.
Now I'm wondering what I should do. Do I need a new mother board or is it more than that?

I will be very grateful for assistance

mike_jmg
October 9th, 2008, 04:05
I have that one too
Boy, how could you fck it up like that:eek:

From what you were saying, yeah it is probably only the motherboard, better get a crystal case too.

dhcman5454
October 9th, 2008, 11:45
Yeah I felt the same way XP, I had it opened up and was using the battery to try and get anysound at allfrom the speakers while keeping an eye on the lcd (this was before the backlight stopped) and I lifted the mobo up and suddenly it turned off, and I realized that the right speaker ( which had come loose) had attached itself to the back of the motherboard, bricking it.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, and yeah, I'm planning on buying a red aluminum case for it once it's fixed