PDA

View Full Version : Neocd loading problems

Leonine
January 6th, 2006, 05:38
Well, I searched the forums, which was difficult since neo is an omitted word, and couldn't find a solution to my problem.

Zipped games: (Samurai showdown 2, Metal Slug)

PROBLEM: Neocd games don't seem to get past the loading screen. I can hear sfx if i push buttons and the little pop up says "writing to memory stick" (or something akin to it). However, it never stops showing the 'now loading' screen.

Unzipped games: (Ninja Commando)

PROBLEM: Neocd goes to the loading screen, sits there for about 5 seconds, then the PSP turns off.

SPECS:
-neocd 5u4 (w/ loading.bmp, logo.bmp, neocd.bin, eboot.pbp, startup.bin)
-firmware 2.0
-eboot loader 0.9
-zipped games are not in a folder, they are sitting in PSP/GAMES/NEOCD (tested with naming them anything then naming them neocd)
-for zipped games, if i push L when i can hear sound effects with button responses, the screen goes black and i have to hold the power switch for 10 seconds.
-I have re-dl'ed the emulator, and tried previous versions and other emulators, but alas, it does not work for me

Well, I hope that's all the information required. Can somebody please help me, I have a hankering for some good arcade-like fun. Thanks

EDIT: Well, I've solved the problem. And I would like to make a conjecture as to my solution.
Winrar's zip file option doesn't seem to be registered correctly as oppossed to winzip

slaphappygamer
January 7th, 2006, 18:39
im not sure about the problem you have, maybe i can help abit.

heres my setup for neocd. the neocd and neocd% folders are in the psp/game directory and the roms are in the neocd folder. i inserted the neocd game disc to my pc, went to the root and drug everything into a folder named street slam. then i put each game in their OWN folder like, psp/game/neocd/roms/street slam. works fine sound and all. ive got 1.50 and as far as i know neocd doesnt support zipped roms.

i hope this sheds some light your way.

TimeJack
January 7th, 2006, 22:59
He edited the post.
He fixed it =D

Ryan26
January 11th, 2006, 22:30
Hey can any1 help me out with the neo geo cd emulator i cant get it 2 work its so annoyin it seems like iv tried everythin 1st i got past the need neo.bin or woteva it was but now im up 2 error reading txt.tkl or woteva it is if any1s had the same problem please post how u managed 2 fix it thanks

jwilds73
January 12th, 2006, 15:24
Ok I am currently running NeoCDPSP.v0.5u4 and zipped roms worked fine but the load times on some were unreal. However test Windjammers and The Bubble Bobble game in zip format. These games are really small and will boot up fast even in zip format.