PDA

View Full Version : PCEP 0.7 doesnt work for PSP v2.50

jamieli88
January 6th, 2006, 09:09
Can anybody help. I've just bought a new psp and it appears to be a version 2.50 according to the system information. I tried putting on eboot.psp (PCEP v0.7 emulator for PC engine games) in a folder in psp/games/boots and it then sort of works in that it produces a small menu with a cartoon man and woman then when you try to 'start' it says something like 'the file is corrupted'. Is there a newer version that may work...I know there is a version 0.9 floating around but that says it works only for psp version 2.0.
can anyone help? :confused:

one winged angel
January 6th, 2006, 10:26
you can not run homebrew on firmware version 2.1 2.5 and 2.6

gameoverdose720
January 7th, 2006, 01:47
any news on a downgrader for v2.5? and if not theres no need to upgrade is there? ive heard they are working on a downgrade to 2.5 but they fixed it in 2.6

actino123
February 27th, 2006, 11:23
I am also having problems with PCEP 0.7 with a 2.50PSP loaded via GTA Brown Ale.

All I get when I start PCEP0.7 is a black screen with the Memory stick access light constantly on then the unit just shuts off.

I tried PCEP 0.6 and it's able to load games and stuff however it's extremely slow on some games. I'm just wondering if there is some other version of PCEP 0.7 out there that could work? Thanks