PDA

View Full Version : still no working emulators for the psp 2.60?

pleaseHlpWithPSP
January 6th, 2006, 11:59
anything think this will ever happen or is it a lost cause having my 2.60?

gotmilk0112
January 6th, 2006, 12:32
not for awhile dude....
I HATE FW 2.50!

pleaseHlpWithPSP
January 6th, 2006, 12:42
how long is "awhile" :(

TAPION
January 6th, 2006, 15:45
about 5 years

tsurumaru
January 6th, 2006, 17:20
If you're not prepared to wait I would sell your current machine and look to Ebay.

Ebay is quite flooded with PSP importers at the moment, just before Xmas I got a 2.0 fw PSP value pack with GTA, Lumines, Ridge Racer and Spiderman 2 UMDs for 145 quid, I also got a 2.6 fw white value pack for £100 (Both UK Sellers). It took about a week and a half of patience but is possible. I have since Downgraded the 2.0 to 1.5 to take advantage of Emulators and Homebrew (Secret of Mana 2 on SNES anyone?) and currently use my White PSP to play GTA/AVC movies etc.

pleaseHlpWithPSP
January 6th, 2006, 17:39
i AM prepared to wait, im just wondering "how long of a wait" im in for, as for the 5 year remark, i find that complete and utter bologna (i love that word Bo - log - na )

also i have no idea with a quid is in comparison to a dollar, i know that i spent the whole 250 on my PSP, and found a 1.50 FW at a local game stop, for 200, but havent been able to find anyone to buy my current PSP

iniquitous_beast
January 6th, 2006, 17:46
If you can wait, then by all means, wait. The psp has only existed for one year, and we have already cracked two separate firmware versions. Homebrew on 2.60 will be possible soon (probably within a few more months). The GTA exploit shows promise, and Fanjita is already experimenting with it. Plus, you never know what the future may hold. Firmware 2.00 was supposedly going to end homebrew for good, but it had exploitable flaws (like anything man-made). Maybe the inevitable firmware 3.00 will have even more exploitable flaws. Only time will tell. Sit back and enjoy the games that you can from sony. Good things will come.
As for you, Tapion, please be more careful about your responses to such questions. Someone might take you as an authority and get scared by your answers. Five years is a long time by console standards.

pleaseHlpWithPSP
January 6th, 2006, 19:35
they need to release some more intresting games in the mean time :X all that ive found to be intresting is GTA lib stories, and even tehn its flawed, they took away alot of features that were added to san andreas that they should have left, you'd have thought that with a new game it would have kept those and added some more. im not complaining, i would just like to see more suitable games for the PSP, i mainly use it now as a MP3 player and a movie viewer