PDA

View Full Version : surely this is illegal

benn
January 6th, 2006, 16:35
i was looking at video converters for psp (i have ffmpegx but was just curious).
i found this:
http://www.pspxstudio.com/?hop=menterpriz
for $40 or $70 you get a video converter... that also comes bundled with a bunch of emulators and roms!?!?!?!?
surely it is illegal to sell emulators like DGEN, NeoCD, etc with working roms! :confused:

Darksaviour69
January 6th, 2006, 20:24
moist emus are releasesd under GPL, which means anyone can sell it. and if you read carfully

we will include information on how to download hundreds of games ready to play.

they are not provide any roms, just info how get them. thats not illegal

benn
January 6th, 2006, 21:11
hmm. they do offer Mario Cart, DOOM and others. Isn't the DOOM was protected?

gotmilk0112
January 6th, 2006, 21:25
those peoples are STOOPID!! why would they make people PAY for a friggin text document that tells you where to get free roms?? why not just use google?? i wish i could tell them that you dont have to pay for a vid converter just get 3GP converter FOR FREE! :D :cool:

P.S. i have this lil' € key on my lap top's keyboard. it is t3h h4xor$. :D

IndianCheese
January 7th, 2006, 03:47
[QUOTE=gotmilk0112}i have this lil' € key on my lap top's keyboard. it is t3h h4xor$. :D[/QUOTE]

Uh, no one gives.

Dj SaTuRn
January 7th, 2006, 09:56
wow! just as useful as limewire pro!

want to do soemting about it?

report it to someone at the sony website.

edit: look what he says haha:

Q: Is PSP X Studio legal?

A:

Video to PSP Legalities:
You must check your local laws before making a backup copy of existing copyrighted material. Different countries have different laws pertaining to this. We are in no way responsible for your use of PSP X Studio. By ordering PSP X Studio you agree not to break any law pertaining to DVD copying.

Emulator Legalities:
The legal analysis of any particular situation depends on a variety of factors which I am unqualified to fully assess. The information on my web site is intended as general educational information only, and is not intended to serve as legal advice or as a substitute for legal counsel. If you have questions about specifics of the information presented here, you should contact a qualified attorney. My recommendation would be one that specializes in trademark and copyright law. I very much recommend that you follow the links in the references section at the end of this document and read the law yourself. Understanding rights is not the exclusive province of lawyers.

slaphappygamer
January 7th, 2006, 18:45
i saw the same thing. those ****ers. many people work soo hard to develope/port emulators to the psp. they work them into the psp enviornment to run better and some other jackass wants to make money off the hard tedious work developers go through. thats fuct.

kinship
January 9th, 2006, 10:32
Rofl i love the testiomonies, so fake ^_^

Kage bushin no jutsu
January 11th, 2006, 10:22
Hm, emulators...*drools*