PDA

View Full Version : Update time

NoxCaelum
October 10th, 2008, 09:50
Yeah it's update time. I'm running 3.71 M33-3, and considering going to 4.01 or 4.05 M33, not sure so I have some questions.

Does the 1.50 Kernel for 4.01 work with 4.05?
Is it even necessary to get the 1.50 Kernel anymore or have most homebrews been updated to not need it?
Does the 3.80 Popsloader work with 4.01/.05?
Is Multidisc Popsloader only necessary if I use the Multidisc Popstation? And does it work with 3.80 Popsloader?
Does the Multidisc Popstation work with single disc games?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
Looked up some info on Multidisc Popstation. Wondering if there are any issues with multidisc games like Parasite Eve 2 and such that tended to only work with certain Pops?
And after checking The latest M33 releases, whether or not M33Popsloader is necessary?

PSPdemon
October 10th, 2008, 15:53
Yeah it's update time. I'm running 3.71 M33-3, and considering going to 4.01 or 4.05 M33, not sure so I have some questions.

4.05 M33 doesnt exsist

Does the 1.50 Kernel for 4.01 work with 4.05?

There is a 1.5 kernel patch for 4.01 M33... saying you have a phat psp

Is it even necessary to get the 1.50 Kernel anymore or have most homebrews been updated to not need it?

I use my slim nowadays and i have everything i would want on it... most everything is converted to 3.xx/4.xx kernels now so it doesnt matter anymore

Does the 3.80 Popsloader work with 4.01/.05?

use the new popsloader...

Is Multidisc Popsloader only necessary if I use the Multidisc Popstation? And does it work with 3.80 Popsloader?

Multidisk should only be used for multidisk... regular pops building for single disks

and as stated above...use the latest popsloader...

Does the Multidisc Popstation work with single disc games?

yes

anyway, make sure you have a good few popsation versions on hand with popsloader, theres cross compatibility issues that some games work with under certain firmware will others do not.

as for your question on compatibility of multidisk, i would not have the slightest idea.

I hope that helps :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon