PDA

View Full Version : PSP Scene Is VERY Lagging

YourStillWithMe
January 7th, 2006, 03:48
Ok people, who on this site is dissapointed with the contributions made to the psp? NOTHING exciting happens anymore. I used to be able to come onto this site and get great applications everyday. Someone would update an emulator, make a new one, edit there doom port, find a good WAD for doom such as Goldeney or Counterstrike, get a useful app for school such as a dictionary or calculator or hacks made to bypass the updates even further. It has been nearly 3 months and no hack has been made for GTA. Firmware launchers havent been released or been the focus. More and more people have been forced to update past 1.50 to the stupid 2.00 (Good Job Fanjita by the way!) I HATE to complain about the scene but you all know its VERY TRUE. I respect everything everyone does and I CAN'T do a better job at all. I did however create my own eboot once and just get text and shapes to come up . . . (nothing special)
All I ever see is JAP release dates, contests for pictures for the psp or something completely pointless to the scene. Honestly people the applications and games put on this site lately are LACKING. Also I've noticed that all of the good users on this site have disappeared and I hardly hear from anymore.

Hence--parabolee, Xuphorz, Kaiser, 1timeuser

All I see is a bunch of "Dcemu Newbies"

Cap'n 1time
January 7th, 2006, 05:31
i try to stick around. Im just kind of sick right now. but your right, xuphorz and parabolee are sort of missing in action.. kaiser's around alot. anyway there are some cool things that you see in the coming weeks. pspmonkey aka nexis2600 has been slaving over his semi quake 3 engine port. the quake 2 port is making progress. SNES_TYL is expecting a new release some time according to their forums. Also im kind of excited about some of the projects like callisto, and that multi booting thing thats been mentioned recently. theres stuff coming.. you just have to be patient..

also this excited me. The new Mega Man X remake for psp (though I think it was you that commented that you didnt really care for the new megaman games) is going to make its release the 31st of this month. Also I believe the mega man 1 remake with the level editor will come out around the same time.. thats good stuff from capcom we can all look forward too. :)

Kaiser
January 7th, 2006, 06:39
Ya 1time is right there are some notable projects going on right now. Look at all the attention Quake 2 and 3 are getting from PSP coders are getting lately. The emualtion updates aren't as frequent as they used to be but I think that has more to do with the fact more popular systems are pretty much running full speed now. I think as soon as we figure out how to get around Sony's lame updates (through edited/custom firmware) things will start to pick up again.

P.S: I just looked up that Mega Man X remake (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/irregularhunterx/screenindex.html) and I gotta say that I'm impressed. Seems Suikoden I and II are also getting a PSP remake.

Cap'n 1time
January 8th, 2006, 15:47
This might also intrest you. I dont remember where but I saw pictures of Tales Of Eternia with English text.

Produkt
January 8th, 2006, 18:26
The important building blocks are being worked on...

Honestly after some good 3d engines get out IE Q3BSP Viewer you will see some amazing 3d games.

I think right now people are working on the in depth games. we have plenty of emulators and instant action shooters. but people are actualy working on games with substance.

there is the 2d RPG project over at PSPU and some interesting attemtps at making a VOIP program for the psp using the "socom" mic at PS2Dev

bobcobb
January 8th, 2006, 18:34
All the easy things to code have already been done. Coders now are working on things that simply are not easy and take a good amount of time like the PSX emulator and the new quake 3 3d engine. Just wait.

Jdemon
January 8th, 2006, 19:28
Well, I think thoes of us that have been around since the US launch of the PSP are/were very spoiled. At that time it was the newest system for hackers and coders to play with, so (as stated) alot of things that worked very quickly are now more or less "done". Also alot of people have moved on to GP32 or Xbox 360 since it's the latest thing to tinker with.

Emulators and Homebrew can be improved of course but alot of the things that were developed/ported/whatever work great so why mess with something that works. I'd still love to see a port of Intelevision(bliss) though.

I dont remember where but I saw pictures of Tales Of Eternia with English text.
That may very well have been the hack of "Tales Of Eternia" you saw. There is one out that translates the dialog only, not the menus.

OK...now I see that there are some shots floating around. And a few rumors floating around that Ubisoft is "suppose to be" releasing it in Europe. But no confirmation on any of this and no info from Ubisoft or Namco on an English version of the game at all.

leggy
February 6th, 2006, 16:40
Those of us that have been here since the beginning have had an overload of excitement :D

For me, the best bit was when Space Invaders was released :D