PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft not committed to biannual 360 dashboard releases

wraggster
October 11th, 2008, 18:32
For the first two and a half years of the Xbox 360's lifespan, owners eagerly looked forward to regular "spring" and "fall" updates, packing more functionality into their consoles through (what Microsoft marketing would later call) the "magic of software." With the absence of a spring update this year and the subsequent announcement of the New Xbox Experience we wanted to know if Microsoft would return to the biannual updates ...

So we asked John Schappert during our sitdown earlier this week in Tokyo. He said, "I don't know if we're going to tie ourselves to a spring fall release schedule" and continued, "I like staying focused on bigger, more impactful releases ... maybe it'll be twice a year, maybe less frequently, to-be-determined." Speaking of what those future updates could consist of, Schappert said that Microsoft is asking itself, "What's the next big launch? What do we bring? When can we bring it? And how can we do it in a big way?"

The NXE is certainly a bigger, more impactful release. We're assuming, however, that Microsoft doesn't plan on reinventing the wheel every couple years in which case what "big" functionality should we expect in future Dashboard updates, regardless of when they're released? No, really, we're asking you.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/11/schappert-not-commited-to-biannual-360-dashboard-releases/

Baboon
October 11th, 2008, 18:50
I just want more backwards compatibility and then I'll be a happy bunny.... please just fix Marvel Vs Capcom 2 so the graphics look as they should MS! lol

I really couldn't careless about these wii/mii rip off avatars things. lol

Eviltaco64
October 11th, 2008, 18:53
Ah, well.
Hopefully this 'New Xbox Experience' is good. :)

pibs
October 12th, 2008, 00:11
I just want more backwards compatibility and then I'll be a happy bunny.... please just fix Marvel Vs Capcom 2 so the graphics look as they should MS! lol

I really couldn't careless about these wii/mii rip off avatars things. lol

Hell yeah im right there with ya! or they should at least release it for download in the originals. I would buy it if they added some achievements and improve it to better suit the 360(would buy it even without achievements lol). Just give me a playable enjoyable MvsC2!

Eviltaco64
October 12th, 2008, 01:35
Yeah, it's been almost a year now too since a Backwards compatibility update :/