PDA

View Full Version : How to enable my PSP for homebrew...

Xtreme2damax
October 12th, 2008, 03:21
I want to enable the new PSP I bought for homebrew. From what I understand I can use the Pandora method only if my PSP doesn't have the TA-whatever motherboard.

Is there a way to check if I am able to even enable my PSP for homebrew or if it does or doesn't contain that TA-xxxxx motherboard?

Does my PSP have to already be homebrew capable in order to use Pandora or is that what the Pandora kit is for to begin with?

Some said at Ngemu to check my date code under my battery to see if it is a model currently capable of homebrew. I am unsure of what this date code looks like or where it exactly is under the battery.

I have a PSP Slim 2001 model.

Eviltaco64
October 12th, 2008, 03:43
Hey, I just dealt with the same thing a few days ago (I got a PSP-2000 last Saturday).

The only newer models that haven't been hacked are the TA-088V3 and the new PSP Brite board.

I think if it shipped with Firmware 4.00+, then it's one of those newer ones.

Xtreme2damax
October 12th, 2008, 05:59
It shipped with firmware 3.95 but I need to know what the date code exactly is so I can determine or not if I can use the Pandora method.

It shipped with firmware 3.95 which I upgraded to 4.05 after I bought it.

Eviltaco64
October 12th, 2008, 15:35
TA-088 v1 - This comes out with the 3.71 firmware. You can not softmod a Pandora Battery with this motherboard. However, this mobo can be hacked if you have a Pandora Battery and a Magic Memory Stick.

TA-088 v2 - This comes out with the 3.90 firmware. Same as TA-088 v1. However, this motherboard can only be hacked with the Pandora Battery and the DC7.GUIDE to install DC7.

TA-088 v3 - This comes out with the 4.XX firmware (where X is the any number). This is the worst of all the motherboards you can get. This motherboard can not be hacked . Here is some more information.

I found this online. If that doesnt satisfy you, there is something called 'pspident' that lets you check to see what motherboard revision you have.

You should be able to hack yours.

Xtreme2damax
October 12th, 2008, 17:50
I found this online. If that doesnt satisfy you, there is something called 'pspident' that lets you check to see what motherboard revision you have.

You should be able to hack yours.

I read that PSPIdent needs a PSP that's already enabled for homebrew so in short it's pointless to check my motherboard revision.

Eviltaco64
October 12th, 2008, 17:51
Right then, let's both mod our PSPs! :P

Xtreme2damax
October 12th, 2008, 19:00
According to some research I found that my PSP likely has the TA-088v2 motherboard revision since it is the slim model and shipped with firmware v3.95

According to what I read I'll need to make a magic memory stick, have DC7 and custom firmware ready but I am unsure if this is correct.

Can anyone link me to a guide or post one on what exactly I'll need to do to get my PSP ready for homebrew using this method?

I tried to google for guides but was unable to find any, not sure if I used the correct search terms or query.

p1220drs
October 12th, 2008, 21:43
Try the guides in my signature...