PDA

View Full Version : EA reveals new Space expansion for Spore, confirms Creepy and Cute pack

Shrygue
October 13th, 2008, 17:41
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/13/ea-reveals-new-space-expansion-for-spore-confirms-creepy-and-cu/)

EA confirmed that they're working on two different expansions for Will Wright's universe-in-a-hard-drive Spore this morning, both the previously revealed Spore: Creepy and Cute Parts pack and a new expansion for the game's "Space" phase, which is already exponentially larger than its co-levels.

Expect Cute and Creepy to add around 100 new parts -- some cute and cartoonish, some monster-like. "Cute" and "creepy" is fine as a title, but at a price of $19.95 those parts had better be nauseatingly adorable and perversely horrifying. It's due on Nov. 18 and will also work for those who only own the Spore Creature Creator.

The untitled Space expansion won't arrive until spring of 2009, but it sounds substantially meatier than the parts pack. According to EA, "players' space faring creatures will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions" and "a new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions."

So, yeah, EA is flogging Will Wright's new creation. If this comes as a surprise, we'd kindly direct you to the Sims aisles of your local game store.

gutbub
October 13th, 2008, 21:37
Really? Who is gonna buy this? I couldn't stand the space stage in the regular game, it gets boring fast, because it's so tedious and repetitive. Who wants to make the experience even longer?

carlitx
October 16th, 2008, 03:18
Really? Who is gonna buy this? I couldn't stand the space stage in the regular game, it gets boring fast, because it's so tedious and repetitive. Who wants to make the experience even longer?

what are you saying D: the space age was awesome! it was the biggest part of the game, with so much to do and explore. Like going to war, making peace with the Grox(or trying to annihilate them), transforming planets and making a species evolve on the plates you terraform! the game has everything! Well not everything you could think of but this expansion looks great i can't wait.