PDA

View Full Version : Files on CDFS

forcystos
October 13th, 2008, 18:07
Long story short: I want to load files from CD/DVD (not sure which one would be proper) from both uLaunchELF and SNES-Station. I have both of those installed on my memory card along with FMCB. I have tried both types of media and followed various tutorials across the internet, and even my own desperate attempts, all of which have been unsuccessful. The question is: how can I get either of these applications to read from CDFS?

Tesseract
October 15th, 2008, 23:14
Not entirely sure on this one. I know that SMS can read CDFS and 'dummy' DVDs, but the 'Dummy' DVD's I've made for SMS don't play nice with uLaunchELF.

Heh... Don't think I've got any CDs to try this with either. Just blank DVDs. ^^;

One other option would be to just grab a random HDD and format it to use with uLaunchElf and other Homebrew. I've got a SONY HDD in my PS2, but a regular Maxtor or WD in my g/f's. She can't see her HDD in the PS2 browser, but it's picked up perfectly fine by every bit of homebrew we've thrown at it.

Using FTP to your PS2's HDD would likely be MUCH less headache-inducing.

One more thing I just thought of: USB Storage. THIS I could help test. I've not tried running the HDD version of SNEStation off of a USB drive, but it could work. Worst case, this could be a file transferring option if you're not able to use FTP with a HDD.

forcystos
October 16th, 2008, 05:01
I can already run SNES Station. It runs off my memory card or my USB drive. I can select roms, too. From both the memory card and USB storage. The thing is, I need to load the roms from a CD/DVD. Out of all the tests (and useless CDs/DVDs) I've made, not one of these apps (uLaunchELF, SNES-Station, SMS) will recognize any file from disc media, other than from original PS2 games.

Tesseract
October 16th, 2008, 21:30
Out of curiosity, why are you beating yourself up trying to get a CD to read when you can put three times as many ROMs onto a 2GB flash drive?

As an aside, I just started playing with FreeMCB last night, and I can't help but wonder if there might be some way you could put together a DVD with the Emulator and a bunch of ROMs that would run using ECR.

forcystos
October 16th, 2008, 21:37
I was actually going to write the reason in my previous post, since I thought you might ask. The thing is the disc is not for me, but for a friend of mine who doesn't have an USB drive. If there's no other way, I guess I'll just end up convincing him of buying one...

Tesseract
October 16th, 2008, 21:54
*laughs* If he's got $10-15 to spare, he can get a 1GB stick at Wal-Mart. The funny thing is that flash memory is so damn cheap that it's almost impractical to buy online because you end up paying $6 for a 2GB MicroSDHC card that costs another $6 to ship to you. ^^;

Oh, and that's another thing... If your friend has a PSP, he can just use that for USB storage. If it's CFW and he already has ROMS on there, then it's doing double duty for no extra effort! ^^d