PDA

View Full Version : Help with psp issues for a novice

embryonose
January 8th, 2006, 21:50
I am a new owner of a psp. I have a wireless network and although the router registers it, everytime i try to connect to the internet, it times out before reaching an ip address. Can anyone advise whether this is a setup issue on the psp, router or service provider?
I also bought three games with it. Starwars, ridge racer and crash bash. I know that some games can be played with a multiplayer function with only one user having the game as the host, but can it be done with these three games.

Jdemon
January 9th, 2006, 00:24
OK... do you have the network switch on the PSP "on". I'm not trying to be a jerk, this happens alot. There is a little silver switch on the side to the left of the analog control. Make sure it's "Up". You also need to set up your connection under Network Settings on your PSP before it will be able to connect and if you have a security encryption key for your Network that needs to be set too. It might be your router/network settings causing a problem also. Just because your Network registers the PSP doesn't mean it is automaticly allowing it access.

In order to do a Multiplayer with one disc I'm pretty sure you have to swap it out to each PSP that's joining in. It will probably work on for Battlefront, but if your game changes to another level it will have to load again. There again you may just have to pass around the UMD untill everyone's in.