PDA

View Full Version : Zodttd news - A lot going on!

wraggster
October 14th, 2008, 18:46
Hi everyone!

I have been very busy at work. I'll get you up to speed with developments of the past two weeks over the course of the next few posts. So first thing first, I am spending this week focusing on improving this site.

One of the first things I have done is install two very handy modifications to vBulletin to stop spambots. One of them is called "NoSpam!" and adds questions to registration to help prevent automated, and even manual registrations by spammers. The second mod is called (have to love this title) "Stop The Registration Bots" and uses some detection mechanisms to prevent spambots. Hopefully these two mods in combination will cut down the spam to near nil. With my inbox clear of spam, it will let me get back to chatting more on the forums and via private messaging.

The second thing I have done is focus on the look of the site. It will get much better over the course of the next two weeks, as I have hired a professional web development company to get this site in tip top shape. In the meantime enjoy this lil theme I came up with.

I have also been aware of some downtime of my site, and have been debugging the site over the past week. It lands up the video portion of ZodTTD was coded poorly, and I will be in contact with the author of that script. In the meantime it has been taken down so that ZodTTD will be up and running nice and smoothly.

As always, I'm open to input. I'll do my best to accomodate new ideas to form this great community.

Thanks!
ZodTTD

http://www.zodttd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4753