PDA

View Full Version : Manipulating game saves

lackobrain
October 15th, 2008, 12:59
Background to the problem:

Phat PSP running 4.01 m33

Played Final Fantasy VIII through to the Balamb Garden ballroom sequence with Rinoa and found the game to crash consistently there.

I did some digging and it seems it's best to use the gameid SLPS-01222 for this game so I created a new eboot in PSX2PSP. Of course I can't read my game save now.

Is it possible to alter the gameid in the gamesave data to match the new gameid on the eboot or am I looking at playing through again? I know it's early in the game but I've hawked in 10hrs playing cards modding etc to power up & I don't really fancy playing through to the FMV sequence again only to find out it's not fixed!

Any help gratefully received.

--
lackobrain

Tesseract
October 16th, 2008, 03:17
Transferring the files inside the folder doesn't work at all?

Worst case scenario: Find a tutorial on converting PSP PSX game saves to ones readable by PC PSX emulators and use that process to convert to mcd and back. It'd be a hassle, but it should work.

lackobrain
October 16th, 2008, 09:04
This is pretty much what I ended up doing, convert VMP to MCR, fired it up in ePSXe and tried to get past the sticking point. Upshot is - Bad Rip as far as I can tell, game stuck at exactly the same sequence :/

I'll re-rip and try again.

Thanks for the advice

--
Lackobrain

Tesseract
October 16th, 2008, 21:42
Even though it didn't fix the problem, it helped narrow down what was up. That's a win in my book. :D

Hope the re-rip works!

Now if they would only add PocketStation support to CWCheat or POPStation.....