PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Problem !

hacker94
October 15th, 2008, 23:06
Hello i have a serious problem with my psps memory card, i have a piano black psp loaded with 4.01-2 m33 cfw and the 1.5 add on, i have a 4gb [B]REAL sony memory card that i mainly use.

i recently bought a laptop with a windows vista OS. i connected my psp to the laptop via usb cable and it said their is a problem with some of the files on my memory stick it displayed two options scan and fix or ignore i clicked scan and fix and i did what i had do"" then when i unplugged my psp and looked at my games there was all corrupt bearing in mind that i have hide corrupted icons on.

luckily i have a psp Backup software and i formatted my memory card and replaced all the files but they were still corrupt ive tried countless methods on forums to try and fix it but the problem is still there.

Is there anyone there who can help me maybe a program or advice please any help would be appriciated.

P.S sorry if this is the incorrect forum for this sort of thing i wasnt entirely sure if it was a memory card bug or a psp bug.

Please Please help me my psp the only thing keeping me from going insane (apart from anime (Go Go Haseo Go Go )LOL)

dangee
October 16th, 2008, 00:35
maybe you had USB to flash 0,1 or 2 enabled in recovery?
you could try reinstalling your f/w.

Tesseract
October 16th, 2008, 04:13
What do you mean by 'games'?

One thing that came to mind is that if it was freaking out over the '%' on kxploited 1.50 programs and 'fixed' those folders, then the programs inside wouldn't work.

If you can, I'd recomend looking over the directory structure to see if it might be something that simple.

potatoman
October 16th, 2008, 11:45
My opinion? Cut your losses, Format the thing and put your backup back. Or if you dont have a backup just format it. And never use vistas fix thing, your memorystick was working fine so why did you feel the need to fix it? Vista is retarded.
Make sure to format it IN your PSP not in vista, or god knows what else will go wrong.

hacker94
October 16th, 2008, 13:41
Ive tried all those methods none seem to work ive upgraded to ofw then pandoraised back to cfw ive done that 4 times, my games are isos and some eboot.pbp, none of my games or apps are 1.50 compatible apart from daedalus. but they all used to work

Ive formatted loads of times using my psp and scanned for errors on the memory card but it doesnt find anything.

I think its something to do with the DOS partition does anyone know a good partition restorer

I maybe a newbie on this forum site but ive been on the psp gaming + hacking scene for a year now, but im still unsure about this

mike_jmg
October 17th, 2008, 03:03
It needs to be formated on FAT32, not NTFS, maybe that's the problem, try formating it that way on a computer with lower OS, XP will do

After that, format it on your psp so it will create all the needed folders

And yeah Vista is definitely retarded

hacker94
October 26th, 2008, 20:05
Finally ive sorted it out.................................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................... wait for it ....................................
.................................................. ................................................ge t a free replacement off the company you bought from.YAY
i got a brand new one and i got a free 512 MB memcard for my compensation which now holds my PANDORA magic and Despertar Del Ceremorio or summit like that. any way guys thanks for all your help and advice LOL

GibsonSGKing
October 26th, 2008, 21:33
My opinion? Cut your losses, Format the thing and put your backup back. Or if you dont have a backup just format it. And never use vistas fix thing, your memorystick was working fine so why did you feel the need to fix it? Vista is retarded.
Make sure to format it IN your PSP not in vista, or god knows what else will go wrong.

yes, this happened to me as well. vista "fixed" my GTA vice city stories game, and really just corrupted the whole thing. does anyone know how to turn this feature in vista off? anyhow, i usually just tell it to do it, and put found things in a folder. then if you need to, you can look through that folder, and then redownload anything that has an issue. but for the most part, i just ignore it. to avoid it, always stop the drive before unplugging it, and if you use a file browser on your psp, dont turn it off when it is doing something.

hacker94
October 31st, 2008, 01:53
yes, this happened to me as well. vista "fixed" my GTA vice city stories game, and really just corrupted the whole thing. does anyone know how to turn this feature in vista off? anyhow, i usually just tell it to do it, and put found things in a folder. then if you need to, you can look through that folder, and then redownload anything that has an issue. but for the most part, i just ignore it. to avoid it, always stop the drive before unplugging it, and if you use a file browser on your psp, dont turn it off when it is doing something. me too i hate this fix files thing it annoys me so much but there nothing i know about turning it off,

methinks you should start new thread with that queston in the pc dcemu part