PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew on 2.5 / 2.6 is almost here

Daremo
January 9th, 2006, 07:30
Thought some of you might be exicited about this.

http://www.fanjita.org/psp.html

From Fanjitas page...

Just a small thing, really, but I've ported my Tetris game to the GTA exploit, and have it running on a v2.50 PSP. There's a small technical glitch that means it doesn't run yet on v2.60, I hope to sort that out ASAP, before I release a version that will run on any firmware that can run GTA. So - no release yet, but it's imminent.

As well as being the first homebrew game for v2.5 and v2.6, it will also be a good test of the improved GTA loader that will be used to launch the EBOOT loader. Sadly at the moment this is still for US and EU versions of GTA only, my attempts so far with the German version haven't worked correctly, but I hope to change that soon.

morg13
January 9th, 2006, 17:21
well, nice, but i got a 2.01

slaphappygamer
January 10th, 2006, 00:52
well, nice, but i got a 2.01

just update.

homebrew on 2.5 sounds great. i wonder if they can get dum youlater.8c to work aswell.

Cpl. Shephard
January 10th, 2006, 18:07
Oh my...

If they get some emulators (and mainly ScummVM) working on 2.5, i'll never update my FW again...

Fanjita
January 10th, 2006, 20:29
just update.

homebrew on 2.5 sounds great. i wonder if they can get dum youlater.8c to work aswell.

Please don't ever update unless you need to.

You can almost guarantee that anything that can be made to work on 2.5, can be made to work better on 2.01.

That's true of the GTA Tetris, for example - it tends to fail when auto-loaded by GTA on 2.5, but 2.01 doesn't have any problem with that.

Cpl. Shephard
January 10th, 2006, 20:44
the GTA Tetris, for example - it tends to fail when auto-loaded by GTA on 2.5

I get that problem when loading the game manually too :( Hope it'll work better sometime...

wraggster
January 10th, 2006, 22:01
its a pity sony update the firmware to kill off homebrew or try at least.

Kaiser
January 11th, 2006, 00:50

Well as long as the scene keeps getting around these "unhackable" updates we should be fine. I mean I remember when people were yelling in these forums about how crappy it was not being able to play homebrew on 1.5!

Floydemt
January 11th, 2006, 13:56

Its a pity that the first thing some of us did with our psp is update the firmware, thinking it would give us the latest and greatest that sony had to offer. Not knowing that most of the updateds are to try to keep us from using the psp to its full potential (with out sony getting a cut fo the $$$)

Inigo Montoya
January 12th, 2006, 22:25
Thank god! If he fixes the "minor technical glitch" I can run homebrew. This does kind of make me feel like an ass though because I just posted that when I finally get started on my Marathon port I wouldn't be able to test it.

"Five exclamation marks, a sure sign of a deranged mind".

Cross
January 14th, 2006, 15:45
I remember waiting on the 1.50 Hack lol. Dang Kraiser that brings back memorys