PDA

View Full Version : PSN Store Issues: Be Careful

Tesseract
October 17th, 2008, 19:11
Earlier, I logged in to the PSN Store just fine and downloaded the demo for LEGO Batman. It downloaded and installed perfectly fine. Then I tried to do some of the other account maintenance options and kept getting an error (I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce it to get the error code anymore. :( It started with 8055. )

Now each time I try to log in from my PSP to the PSN store or Account Management, it's giving me this message:

Use of Playstation Network has been suspended.
Try to sign in again later.

Attempting to log in to the PC PSN Store just gives me 'login.error.unknown'.

I sure hope I'm not screwed....

Qmark
October 17th, 2008, 20:56
It looks like PSN got flooded and died.

Tesseract
October 17th, 2008, 21:10
Perhaps. I'll try it again.

I DID just get an E-Mail informing me of an update to the TOS. The only thing that looked like it might cause a problem was this:

You may not bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, digital rights management or authentication mechanism in connection with PSN or any of the content offered through PSN. You acknowledge that the PSN, including some content provided through PSN, may contain security or technical features that will prevent use of such content in violation of this Agreement.

That just sounds like it'd apply to playing copied games over the PSN, though...

EDIT: Still not working as of 1520 CDT...

jamotto
October 18th, 2008, 02:10
You may not bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, digital rights management or authentication mechanism in connection with PSN

This in vague terms says you can't access the PSN with a modified psp.

Tesseract
October 18th, 2008, 07:44
Found the Error number... 80551002

Anyone know any more info on it?

Punk777E
October 18th, 2008, 17:38
I Got The Same Thing But I Downloaded More In My Time... Though I Am Running On CFW 5.00 m33 it let me log on and all... And All Of The Sudden Around 8:00 PM CDT The PSN Store Crashed On Psp And As Well As I Got Login.Error.Unknown On PC I Dunno What The Problem Is But I Think Its The Redesigning Of The PC Store... Interfering with The Downloads... If You Find Anything Else Please Tell

What I Got When I Tried To Get On PSP PSN Store

An error has occurred.
(80551002)

Edit: I need to Activate My Video On My Psp Before Its Too Late...!!!

Punk777E
October 18th, 2008, 17:42
This in vague terms says you can't access the PSN with a modified psp.
Lol I Did... Currently 11:41 CDT PSN PSP Store Still Not Working... Dunno About PC

jxx2005
October 18th, 2008, 20:24
i'll stick to using PC for now

Tesseract
November 1st, 2008, 22:52
Quick Final Update:

When the PC Store relaunched, I was suddenly able to connect again with my PSP through the new PC store and directly via the PSN.

Problem solved, I guess!

Buddy4point0
November 2nd, 2008, 00:46
Weird, I've downloaded stuff and it all works perfectly fine for me.
5.00 m33-3

Sonicdude1995
November 10th, 2008, 22:53
i hav a 5.00 m33-3 firmware & i didnt download any games from psn