PDA

View Full Version : Pixel?...Dust?

Jdemon
January 9th, 2006, 16:29
I've noticed the recent increase in people talking about "dead/stuck" Pixels. I recently found that alot of what I thought was the dreded "dead pixel" was actualy small dust particles under my screen.

I definitely don't recomend this method to people without the ability or patience, but it worked really great for me. First, go HERE (http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?t=6599) and check out Lik-Sang's guide/tutorial on how to open your PSP. You will need:

(very) Small Philips Screwdriver
1 Soft Glass Cloth - The one that comes with the PSP is fine, or an Eyeglass Cloth
Another Glass/Microfiber Cloth
Caned Air or a Compressor to blow air (optional)
Windex

*****DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF CLEANER ON THE LCD SCREEN!!!!*****

Use the 1st cloth to GENTLY remove dust from the LCD screen
Use the 2nd cloth with a little Windex on it to clean the dust from the underside of the PSP Front cover.

***Tips***

Before you start, load a wallpaper on your PSP that is very light, or even white. After removing the PSP Front Cover, set the battery back in the unit and turn on your PSP. This will allow you to see the dust/hair particles better as you clean.

You can use canned air or even gently blow dust off the screen as well.

Keep the PSP Front Cover facing down while you clean it. This will keep dust from settling on the underside which is the inside of the PSP.

Don't worry about dust/fingerprints on the outside of the screen, you can take time to clean that once the unit is back together. Wasting time while the PSP is open only increases the amount of dust settling.

Lastly, when you are cleaning the LCD screen be very careful and gentle. it's a very smooth surface and the dust will come off easily enough. DON'T PRESS ON THE LCD SCREEN or you may dammage or even crack it. Watch the edges of the screen also as it is a place that dust tends to collect.