PDA

View Full Version : need help with zipping neogeo cd roms

PSPworshiper
January 10th, 2006, 02:05
How do u zip neogeo cd roms the correct way?

Cloud1863
January 10th, 2006, 08:33
Ok I hope Im telling you the right method as Ive just started this myself , Ill run you through an example of a game thats on my HD. Ok the game we will use is Pulstar, I have pulstar.rar which in its current state is no use, firstly extract all the files to a new folder. Within this folder the two types of file that concern you are .mp3's and .iso delete the rest. Now within this folder create a new folder called pulstar.mp3 and In this folder put all the mp3 files. Then extract all the files from the .iso ( I use winrar) and make a new .zip file with the files that came from the .iso.so all you should be left with is a folder called Pulstar.mp3 full of the mp3's and a Pulstar.zip file. That should be you ,just hope the game is compatable now.I thought Id give a step by step example for anyone else doing this for neogeocd's, hope it helps :)

jwilds73
January 11th, 2006, 03:08
This is how I set them up to run on the PSP unzip/extract your cd's (games) contents to one folder then rezip everything (not including the folder) into one zip file named for whatever game it is etc. IE: when rezipping a game to run on the PSP go to the folder containing the game and select all (which again doesn't include the folder itself) zip them up and install to your emullators game folder. So what you have is a zip file that is all the cd contents zipped together but again not inside a folder when zipped. Remember all the single file based games like .nes .gb. .gbc .smc when you zip them you do not place them inside a folder prior to zipping you simply zip the individual files then install them to your psp. This is exactly what your doing with the multiple file games. Only your making all those files into one zip file (again not inside of a folder but all the files zipped into one zip file). Just try placing one of your single file based roms in a folder then zipping it and trying to get it to work it won't.

PSPworshiper
January 12th, 2006, 01:57
un problemo..................the mp3s wont play :p