PDA

View Full Version : Would this work on NX Doom

wraggster
May 24th, 2004, 23:50
Heres the news from this url :

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10789

I finished the 1st version of my Heretic PWAD for GP Doom.

The real Heretic GP isn't finished and not very advanced so I decided to make a good "skin" for GP Doom.

There are 29 levels now (after resolving level compatibility problem), so it's a complete game!

I entirely remade all the menu, a few weapons, status bar, all the menu texts and added some enemies, sound, graphics... so now it exactly looks like the real Heretic visual (except the levels that are 100% new)!

Download my Heretic PWAD on my site :

http://drumaster.gp32news.com

if anyone can check this out and post us the details thatd be cool :)

Christuserloeser
May 25th, 2004, 23:42
This looks brilliant! I'll check it with nxDoom 2.2b and let you know if it works!

wraggster
May 25th, 2004, 23:48
cool if it works i may do a dcemu uk nx doom special release :)

Christuserloeser
May 31st, 2004, 14:46
Bad news, I guess Doom2 is needed to get this running... I'll do some tests today!

We could do a section where ppl can download cool Doom Wads, I know some so I could help out.

curt_grymala
June 10th, 2004, 19:12
Does NXDoom support Doom II? Supposedly Doom4DC supports Doom II, so if that's the issue, I suppose you could try out Doom4DC. I have not done much playing with the Dreamcast ports of Doom, but I plan on doing so in the near future (my boss is a huge fan of Doom, and wants me to help him find some cool mods for his Doom. I told him to get a DC and I would help him out). Most of the cool mods I have found work on Doom II instead of Doom.

wraggster
June 10th, 2004, 19:26
if we can get mods (free mods/ total conversions) to work then ill open a Doom section ;)

Christuserloeser
June 10th, 2004, 19:56
nxDoom is like tenthousand times better than DoomDC *8)

@Curtiss: I'll give u an email tomorrow...

@Wraggster: CU in the DCEvo.com Staff forum ;)

Chris

BlackAura
June 11th, 2004, 05:48
nxDoom certainly does support Doom 2. At last count, it supports these official WAD files fully:

Doom 1 shareware
Doom
Ultimate Doom
Doom 2
TNT
Plutonia Experiment

And these ones partially:
Doom 2 French (with English text instead of French)

curt_grymala
June 11th, 2004, 14:46
nxDoom certainly does support Doom 2. At last count, it supports these official WAD files fully:

Doom 1 shareware
Doom
Ultimate Doom
Doom 2
TNT
Plutonia Experiment

And these ones partially:
Doom 2 French (with English text instead of French)

Good to know. Sorry, I didn't really understand where the problem was occurring when Chris said he needed Doom II to use the mods. Now I understand, though. Thanks for the info, BA. I will be checking it out.

Christuserloeser
June 11th, 2004, 14:51
I'd like to offer help with that, Curt

@Wraggster: We should open a (nx)Doom section - I think it's a good idea!

Chris

guymelef
June 11th, 2004, 14:54
I thought doomdc was kick ass except that, for an yother wad's you had to do somehting weird? like map it out entirely for the program or something dumb? ask them over at www.dcemulation.com

Christuserloeser
June 11th, 2004, 15:38
DoomDC isn't bad, it's just much slower than nxDoom, has no music support and no ModMenu, as u know.

Chris

guymelef
June 11th, 2004, 15:40
yeah your right and the level skip cheat didn't work.