PDA

View Full Version : Need somebody to point me in the right direction

benoit489
October 23rd, 2008, 05:25
I just bought a phat PSP in August from a pawn shop. I recently updated it to firmware 5.00. I want to get 5.00M33. How do I do this? I followed directions for doing it normally but I'm getting "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted". I'm guessing I'm missing out on something here. Do I have to download and install and older version of the custom firmware to get this new firmware to work?

Thanks for any and all answers. If this is in the wrong forum, sorry, please move it.

Also, since I'm a complete newb at all this, can you give the directions in a very neat, simplified list? lol, sorry if I'm being too picky, but I have to take things step by step in order to get them right.

benoit489
October 23rd, 2008, 15:16
After googling for a long time last night I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to have a special type of battery (something about Pandora?) and a Magic Memory stick (that can be any memory stick 1, 2, or 8 GB right?).

benoit489
October 24th, 2008, 00:33
From what I've gathered, I need to:

1. Purchase a Pandora battery (not gonna risk bricking mine) that also comes with the 2GB memory stick. (deal from Wally's topic)

2. Somehow use the Pandora battery and magic memory stick together in order to get custom firmware on my PSP.

3. Switch out the Pandora battery for my old battery once I have the firmware set.

Is that correct?

Saracchini
October 24th, 2008, 00:50
From what I've gathered, I need to:

1. Purchase a Pandora battery (not gonna risk bricking mine) that also comes with the 2GB memory stick. (deal from Wally's topic)

2. Somehow use the Pandora battery and magic memory stick together in order to get custom firmware on my PSP.

3. Switch out the Pandora battery for my old battery once I have the firmware set.

Is that correct?

Yes. But, to make your Memory Stick "magic" you need install Deespertar Cementerio 7 in it. It can be made using a homebrew-enabled PSP or a PC program like Pandora Plus, or Pandora Box. There's one of such programs in this forum, i think.
Once you made it "magic", you can use it normaly as a normal MS and you can delete the DC7 if you want. I keep the Despertar Cementerio files because i never know when a brick can happen.
Anyway, before install custom firmware make a NAND backup FIRST (using DC7 utils for that). If something goes wrong, you wont be in a bad situation because it is just question to restore your backup to return PSP to the last state.

benoit489
October 24th, 2008, 01:33
Yes. But, to make your Memory Stick "magic" you need install Deespertar Cementerio 7 in it. It can be made using a homebrew-enabled PSP or a PC program like Pandora Plus, or Pandora Box. There's one of such programs in this forum, i think.
Once you made it "magic", you can use it normaly as a normal MS and you can delete the DC7 if you want. I keep the Despertar Cementerio files because i never know when a brick can happen.
Anyway, before install custom firmware make a NAND backup FIRST (using DC7 utils for that). If something goes wrong, you wont be in a bad situation because it is just question to restore your backup to return PSP to the last state.

Ah! Thanks a lot! lol, I was getting worried no one would respond to this topic. I'll order the Pandora Battery now.