PDA

View Full Version : Sign Up Now to Get the New Xbox Experience Early

wraggster
October 25th, 2008, 00:55
Major Nelson has just dropped the details on how to get into the New Xbox Experience early. They're looking for a "few thousand" participants. All you've gotta do is sign up and answer a few questions (click here) to be considered for the Preview Update. Gold and Silver Xbox Live members can apply, but Gold gets first priority. If you're accepted, you'll hear from them in about a week, meaning the preview should be within the next 10-14 days.

http://gizmodo.com/5068634/sign-up-now-to-get-the-new-xbox-experience-early

carlitx
October 25th, 2008, 01:41
just signed up. I hope i get it :P

pibs
October 25th, 2008, 06:36
same here :)

qqstarz1
October 29th, 2008, 20:34
Gotta love how this Guy Breaks a lot of copyright laws just by copy and pasting his way to the top.

pibs
October 30th, 2008, 02:12
hah everybody is pissed cuz hardly anybody got in. less than half of majornelson subscribers got in lol its just an update, not much to cry about.

Baboon
October 30th, 2008, 08:58
Well I guess I'm one of the privileged few as I've managed to get in! :thumbup:

I don't subscribe or anything to Major Nelson... I spotted this thread and just applied that way. :)

I'll report back once this goes live tomorrow.

Baboon
October 31st, 2008, 14:05
Hey the new xbox 360 dashboard beta is out now and is pretty cool! ...i installed my far cry 2 game to the 360 hd and the loading times are sooo much faster, plus its really quite now! :)

I've read on the xbox beta forums though that currently theres a problem that if you go into private chat with someone who hasn't yet got the new dashboard (ie anyone who didn't get the beta) then the sound is very distorted and cuts out... I havent had the chance to hear that for myself as I haven't tried it yet but I assume if it doesn't get patched then this ownt't matter come Nov 19th as everyone will have to update.

I've created my own avatar... but I'm still not sure about this new feature yet? Seems a little too Wii like! lol

carlitx
October 31st, 2008, 17:12
Hey, don't you remember? it IS Microsoft. Their specialty is ripping off other companies ideas lol. Poor Nintendo. lol

pibs
October 31st, 2008, 21:31
I actually heard they finally installed a feature where when you insert a game it doesn't automatically load. To me its the small things/details that matter.

carlitx
October 31st, 2008, 22:54
I actually heard they finally installed a feature where when you insert a game it doesn't automatically load. To me its the small things/details that matter.

yah the small things like that are what make the biggest improvements in using the system :P

Shadowblind
November 1st, 2008, 01:48
Whoo, can't wait for the 19th. From the sound of things, its gonna be a good deal better then the current dash.

Baboon
November 1st, 2008, 08:13
The new party invite system sounds cool where you can I think have upto 6 friends in private chat (I havent tried it yet though seeing as private chat is currently buggy) .

The whole dashboard design is looking very swish though. :)

beetroot bertie
November 1st, 2008, 13:46
Hey Baboon, quick question.

Do you know if the new dashboard/OS notifies you if a friend disconnects whilst private chatting, so what you're saying doesn't get broadcast to all players.

This happens to me so much during CoD3 - I'm talking away or getting frustrated and I feel happy enough swearing my head off to a mate, but I'd rather not accidently be potty mouthing to all and sundry when he disconnects unintentionally.

Baboon
November 1st, 2008, 15:51
I just tried with a few mates in private chat on bad company but I cant hear a word they are saying (and vice versa). I've had to disable chat seeing as its currently broken so Im afraid I dont know the answer to your question beetroot.

beetroot bertie
November 1st, 2008, 16:42
No probs. Ta for trying though :)