PDA

View Full Version : Semi-bricked fat psp woes.

ihatepsp
October 26th, 2008, 18:45
Okay, I have a fat psp with 4.01 m33-2 that was semi-bricked. So I tried using Hellcat's psp flasher in the recovery to fix it. And I can start the program alright, but when I get to the disclaimer I am unable to move the cursor to agree, nor can I disagree. It's as if my psp freezes, although I can use the brightness button.

I'm really not sure what I should do, I'm thinking there is something wrong with the how the buttons on my psp work, since my right directional button usually gets stuck, but they work just fine in the recovery menu. Should I just make a pandora battery, or does anyone know what my problem is.

Oh and my psp has had a flash problem for a while now, it would often crash, before I upgraded to 4.01 m33. And it finally semi-bricked when playing a game, not when upgrading or anything.

Eviltaco64
October 26th, 2008, 18:46
Pandora Batteries unbrick PSPs.
I'd recommend you do that.

Buddy4point0
October 26th, 2008, 23:12
If you can access the recovery menu, just run the 1.5 update to restore your PSP to firmware version 1.5 and re-update to whatever firmware you want. (I would recommend 5.00 m33-3)

ihatepsp
October 29th, 2008, 00:17
If I were to turn my battery into a pandora battery, is there anyway to return my battery to normal. Or do I have to buy another battery.

If you can access the recovery menu, just run the 1.5 update to restore your PSP to firmware version 1.5 and re-update to whatever firmware you want. (I would recommend 5.00 m33-3)

How do I do that, I've only seen Hellcat's PSP flasher, and it looks like it only downgrades to 2.71 M33. And that doesn't work for me.

Is there a recovery program that returns your PSP to 1.50 that works on all custom firmwares?