PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons hardcore gamers will love the New Xbox Experience

wraggster
October 27th, 2008, 19:42
It's far cooler than you might think

It's unfortunate but understandable that the Avatars have grabbed the most attention out of all the NXE's new additions. You see while the grinning Mii-too cartoon characters had led many people - us included - to expect a horrible, tween-oriented, My Dashboardz abomination, NXE is actually a pretty damn classy interface.

It sounds strange when talking about something that's essentially a set of images on a 2D screen, but NXE has a really airy and expansive feel about it. While we personally have no problem at all with our beloved blades, an hour with NXE showed up just how much we didn't know we were missing. We'd never understood those who complain that the current dashboard feels clunky and crowded. Going back to it for comparison after NXE however, we now really do.

The main element responsible for that is undoubtedly the new floating windows layout. Where currently all the information related to a particular area of the Xbox 360 is crammed onto a single page and hidden behind further menus, the new windows give all of the functionality a lot more breathing space. A vertically scrolling text menu contains every sub-section - Welcome, Spotlight, the Marketplaces, Friends etc. - with each flick up or down bringing up a run of horizontally scrolling windows detailing that area's content.

More - - - http://www.gamesradar.com/f/5-reasons-hardcore-gamers-will-love-the-new-xbox-experience/a-20081027102236671049/p-2

kaferenza
October 27th, 2008, 23:48
Wow, instead of the horrible blades we get treated to an ipod cover-art style browser. Seriously, is there anything besides the 'blue screen of death' that microshaft isn't willing to rip off in one form or another? And a big (sarcastic) thumbs up to them too for the update requiring either a HDD or a large memory card. I know they have that whole deal where, if you have a core system or what-not, you can get a refurbished 20gig for 20 plus s&h but $1 per gig on a referb? Sorry, but no. Don't get me wrong, I love what this system is capable of, but come on. Give me a real reason to update the dashboard, not just a rip-off interface and some mii rip-offs or at the very least don't force me to purchase something just to update my machine's OS/interface.

Dbgtgoten
October 28th, 2008, 08:32
What exactly are you complaining about, you get a brand new 20gb hdd for 20$ when you can't even go to a nearby store to pay 60$ for a 20gb hdd.

If not more and if you have a core system you can go to the www.xbox.com official website and enter thier special savings service to buy that 20$ 20gb hdd or a free 512mb card.

It is worth 50$ in the store why are you complaining the upgrade is still free they are giving you a free 512mb memory card or a choice to buy a discounted brand new 20gb HDD!!!!!

qqstarz1
October 29th, 2008, 20:31
Pretty funny, All this about hard-drive Space wile I have the standard 11GB hard drive with only 1GB left. I think It's going to go out in a wile so I'm looking in to geting a 120GB one and transfer all my stuff.

carlitx
October 31st, 2008, 17:15
Wow, instead of the horrible blades we get treated to an ipod cover-art style browser. Seriously, is there anything besides the 'blue screen of death' that microshaft isn't willing to rip off in one form or another? And a big (sarcastic) thumbs up to them too for the update requiring either a HDD or a large memory card. I know they have that whole deal where, if you have a core system or what-not, you can get a refurbished 20gig for 20 plus s&h but $1 per gig on a referb? Sorry, but no. Don't get me wrong, I love what this system is capable of, but come on. Give me a real reason to update the dashboard, not just a rip-off interface and some mii rip-offs or at the very least don't force me to purchase something just to update my machine's OS/interface.

woop de flippin do if it is refurbished... to buy it new at a store its near 100$ besides i think 20$ is pretty good. I mean it's just as good as new if it is refurbished....