PDA

View Full Version : PSP mugen

Jaydi25
October 29th, 2008, 11:13
Hi,
i recently discovered that there was a psp version of MUGEN and really want to be able to play it. I'm currently running custom firmware which is like 4 something. [i'll give exact details if needed] I was wondering if someone could tell or link me to a guide on how to install it on my psp and be able to play it. :confused:
and yes i heard about infinitycat but dont know how to install;)

Horizon
November 6th, 2008, 21:41
I've read somewhere that it was possible to run the dos version within dosbox. But I had no luck yet. It stops at a DPMI error. Last time I had this kind of error with mugen was at least 5 years ago and I don't remember how I fixed it. I think it had to do with the keyboard. (although DPMI errors have nothing to do with input command as long as I know...)

If anyone can help me with this I'd be very happy and I bet I woudn't be the only one around.

EDIT: Oh and forget about InfCat. It's developement has been stopped before way back and I don'T think it runs on a slim psp

Horizon
November 13th, 2008, 21:45
Well I did try some stuff with dosbox. I managed to run Doom but it was awfully slow. How does this relate to mugen? Doom runs great on a 386. (with low graphics) Mugen Requires a pentium and a pentium II was recomended when it was released. But to make things worst, most characters use more resources than that.

I don't know how the guy who supposedly made it work at 45fps did it but I'm not sure I can believe it anymore...

acn010
November 14th, 2008, 06:49
dont bother... its useless.. i coded before and no luck... all other mugens are slow too

Horizon
November 25th, 2008, 15:42
It's too bad no one cared to keep on coding for this. There are real jewels that have been created on that engine. If only Open-Mugen had started developement earlier we'd probably have something decent by now. But since the whole mugen community had already started dying by the time it started, it's no wonder it's still just alpha or something. It's a shame realy...