PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Datel Power Tool later, just need to make sure

UnlimitedHail
November 1st, 2008, 05:57
Like the title says, I'm buying 1 of these to get my bricked PSP back up & running after like 5-6 months. How it got bricked (spoiler'd to hide this small "wall-o-text") :

Well, I didn't like the PS1 emulation. Or lack of...3.52 M-33 or 3.90 (custom firmware also) from what I remember. 3.03 OE-C seemed to be the only firmware that had no problems with PS1 emulation, every next custom firmware would just give me "Data is corrupted" BS when it played perfectly on 3.03.

So yeah, toke a bit of a risk when I ran a Dark-Alex downgrader for a lower firmware version AKA not 1 of the 2 I mentioned above. 20 minutes of searching later, all seemed well until I pressed X to turn off the system...

Dead. Flipped the switch to turn it on, screen stayed black while the power indicator was still a normal green, only to shut off automatically after 10 or so seconds.

Quickly googled to find solutions & found Pandora. Either "fix" a regular battery or buy a Datel Power Tool along with downloading some "Pandora's Jigstick" from a highly viewed video on Youtube which installs all necessary files.

So yeah, never got around to the battery part of the solution until I heard Mother 3 finally got 100% translated :) Just wanted to know from owners of a DPT if it will work flawlessly & bring my PSP back to life? It still turns on, just that the screen stays black & turns off after 10 seconds, normal sypmtoms of a bricked PSP from what I've read.

UnlimitedHail
November 1st, 2008, 19:18
Bump.

Buddy4point0
November 2nd, 2008, 00:48
I've used one to convert an offical firmware to custom firmware.
It worked great, so I'm sure it will work for you as well.

It's definitely the easiest way to get a pandora battery in my opinion.