PDA

View Full Version : Pandora 2nd Batch to be Priced at $339

wraggster
November 2nd, 2008, 19:44
Craigix (http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=45056&view=findpost&p=665079) posted this update today:

Hello everyone, Right we were going to mention this somewhere so it may as well go here.

The price of batch two will be $339. That will be converted in to pounds/euros when we are ready to take orders for the second batch.

So there you go, price fixed, in dollars, to $339 (ex taxes) which includes the upgraded RAM and NAND.

This is real bleeding edge tech for a very low price when compared to similar machines, we have done everything we can to get the price as low as we can - but one thing we won't drop is quality - we won't use chinese factories, cheap parts etc. almost everything (inc the pcb) is made in north America.

What does that mean for you? It means if anything goes wrong it's all guaranteed and it meets safety standards. It also means high quality not Chinese PMP style quality.

We have learnt that the reason Chinese stuff is cheap is because it IS cheap and nasty - So we could all save $80 but get a device which is made to the lowest standards or pay a little more and get something high quality.

6 months from now you will be happy we did that I hope and the extra cost will have been worth it.

I just don't want to deal with a GP2X First edition fiasco again. So we won't be running to the cheapest factory any time soon.

Lets hope the dollar rate comes down soon, sterling is crap against the dollar at the moment

masterchief929
November 2nd, 2008, 22:21
Cool. I am seriously considering getting one of these. You could install XP on a machine like that. lol

Eviltaco64
November 2nd, 2008, 22:25
I'll eventually get one when the prices go down and there's a large variety of homebrew to choose from.

wraggster
November 2nd, 2008, 23:40
yeah like anything in this world it sometimes pays to be late

kojiro7
November 3rd, 2008, 06:15
Bullshit....Everything today is made in china,why not this?
You raise the price for nothing

ttcircus
November 3rd, 2008, 09:27
Everything might be made in China but most of it is shit and breaks down after 6 months.
Or they put melamine everywhere and then your kid touch that shit and dies. Your choice.

Da_ALC
November 3rd, 2008, 13:02
Bullshit....Everything today is made in china,why not this?
You raise the price for nothing

:rofl: dumbass :thumbup:

kojiro7
November 3rd, 2008, 13:55
Everything might be made in China but most of it is shit and breaks down after 6 months.
Or they put melamine everywhere and then your kid touch that shit and dies. Your choice.

Then you should throw all your electrics-electronics devices from your house buddy,because all are china-made

ttcircus
November 4th, 2008, 09:29
Ohhh someone's chinese and pissed off here.
Listen, I'm gonna keep my appliances for 6 months and then I'll throw then away, when they break down.

Triv1um
November 4th, 2008, 15:32
Ohhh someone's chinese and pissed off here.

Ohhh someone cant read and is clearly an idiot.

It clearly says he is from Greece.

He is right, everything is made in China.

ttcircus
November 4th, 2008, 15:39
Living in Greece doesn't mean you're Greek, does it?
So think twice before insulting me.
Pandora is the proof that not everything is made in China, and it's not because most products are made in China that they are quality products.
Anything else?