PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for my PSP...

sps66
January 13th, 2006, 06:23
so i ordered my psp online a few days ago and ive been doing alot of reading on how to hack it and put some homebrews on there. however, im unclear on a few things
1. i thought the psp could browse online without hacks, but ive read that i need some sort of wipeout hack. whats the point of having it be wifi if it cant do the basics...
2. im not sure which firmware version its coming with, but as far as ive read im going to want 2.0. it seems to me that this is the latest update that still allows hacks, correct me if im wrong.
3. im pretty sure that if i brick my playstation somehow sony would not replace/repair it. however, could it be bricked legit, such as if i was updating frimware and the battery fell out or i was using ac without the battery and my sister unplugged it or something. anyone know if that could possibly entitle me to a new psp?

sorry if these answers are easily found, but i think ive come accross conflicting information so im just looking for some clairity. thanks!

indstr
January 13th, 2006, 15:11
1 - there is a homebrew webbrowser - http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/2chwebbrowser.shtml ... i think there are a few others as well, i'm not sure because i haven't tried any.
2 - that is correct for the most part. it is the highest version that will allow you to run homebrew apps and emulators. they are in the process of hacking 2.01, 2.5 and 2.6, some progress has been made (tetris is playable), but you can't play anything else... yet
3 - not sure about that one. why would you upgrade anyway? :)