PDA

View Full Version : Artwork for Gens4all

fox68k
November 4th, 2008, 13:54
Hi All,

i am starting to see an upcoming release in my mind and it would be nice to have someone able to design a nice background, a logo and some icons. So if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Cheers.

pkbunghole
November 7th, 2008, 20:01
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7905/gens4allbe3.png

this any gd as a logo?

I can probably do a background and icons too, but i wanted to know if this was up to the standard you're looking for (or if some1 else is already doing them) before i put a lot of effort in :P

pkbunghole
November 10th, 2008, 22:11
PM recieved, I can't reply yet because i need 10 posts (dont feel the need to spam :P) but ill get back to you soon after ive become more active.

gaffa2002
December 23rd, 2008, 14:25
Hi everyone.
I'm always checking DCEmu forums, but only now I was able to create an account.

I'm no good in image editing, but a layout that i think its nice for gens4all would be something like an old genesis cartridge box.
Something like this
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2170/afterburner2aem9.jpg
In the center the game names and options would be displayed.

By the way, how is GENS4ALL progress? Was anything new ported to SH4?

Regards

Christuserloeser
December 23rd, 2008, 15:32
From the little I know, VDP emulation is currently being worked on.

fox68k
January 23rd, 2009, 11:32
Gens4all is going fine. We have had a lot of work to do on the emu itself.
There is still more to do on the DC side, of course, such as VMU support which i definitely will be adding at some point.
As Christ said, i am rewriting the VDP in asm. Unfortunately, there were many bugs and it does not make sense to rewrite anything buggy. So debugging, testing, ...

Hopefully, i will be able to release a beta version by march. No promises, though.

StryfeDc
January 24th, 2009, 01:35
That's exciting news. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Are you doing this project solo?

Well whatever the case, keep doing the cool you do :thumbup:.

Bobablob
January 24th, 2009, 10:27
fox68k:

That is fantastic news! We are all very lucky to have a developer as talented and devoted as you working on the Dreamcast. Best of luck with everything!