PDA

View Full Version : Help drag me up to date!

callused
November 4th, 2008, 19:02
Hello.
I was an avid homebrew/iso emulator type back a while a go but sort of fell out of the loop and would really like to get my psp back up and running again.

I have the very original psp (1003). When I stopped using it by the looks of things I was emulating firmware version 3.01 using devhook. It's running 1.5 firmware (though that's masked as 7.5 to stop it trying to update or something)

So... Does anyone want to help me get it back up to date and explain how we run our back ups and homebrew these days? I have literally no idea where to start

Wally
November 5th, 2008, 01:56
We don't discuss backups here..

Use Custom firmware (go from 1.5 /3.52 M33 / 5.00 M33)

It's swish!

Wally

callused
November 5th, 2008, 11:41
Whoa... it is swish. Should I expect a demo from the store not to work? Or have I got it set up wrong?
This firmware can run PS1 games can't it? What other cool (official/non-official) features have been added since 3.01?
And sorry about mentioning backups :)

Buddy4point0
November 5th, 2008, 12:29
You say you're on 1.5?
Then you need to update to 3.52 m33, and then to 5.00 m33 and finally 5.00 m33-3.
The playstation store, as well as all other sony features work on m33 custom firmware alongside of the m33 features.
PS1 games work great. A few of them wont work without popsloader though.
So many great features have been added it's impossible to say, but get to the newest m33 CFW and then explore.