PDA

View Full Version : Age of the Beast Screenshot

DCEmu_Newsposter
June 5th, 2004, 15:57
The authors of the very popular Beats of Rage have updated their site with a new screenshot of the new project they are working on called Age of the Beast, check the site out Here (http://senileteam.segaforums.com/age_screens.php)

Propeller
June 5th, 2004, 16:38
Any good modder willing to do Lord of the Rings trilogy? 4 characters... man, that's pretty straightforward... Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli!

Also, Ninja turtles, etc... will be welcome ;)

Propeller

Cap'n 1time
June 5th, 2004, 19:17
this looks great!

wraggster
June 5th, 2004, 21:31
a lord of the rings beats of rage would be the coolest :)

Propeller
June 6th, 2004, 00:10
No, an Age of the Beast LOTR mod with 4 player simultaneously and LOTS of orcs would be the best!

Propeller

Propeller
June 6th, 2004, 00:10
And multiplayer combos.

Propeller

Darksaviour69
June 7th, 2004, 22:10
it reminds me of Golden Axe. thats was a great game

Christuserloeser
June 8th, 2004, 08:09
Anyone liked Golden Axe: The Duel?

Was nice & one of the earlier Saturn games.

I think an inspiration for AotB also is Guardian Heroes by Treasure.

Anyway seems like Beats of Rage was the trailer - here comes the movie ;D

Chris

Eric
June 8th, 2004, 19:50
I do have to say that the creators of Beats Of Rage are very amazing at there work and i can't wait to see there next release as for mods sorry i have to say this and i don't want people to get mad they are basically the same game with different backgrounds and different characters now i am not complaining about the work that the coders have done on the mods they do look good but thinking about mods leaves not much time for other great things that could either be ported or emulated or even a new homebrew game sorry its just my say and if anyone takes a offense to it sorry

Eric

Darksaviour69
June 8th, 2004, 22:22
Guardian Heroes is one of my fav games! Treasure rock!
so if its a mix of golden axe and Guardian Heroes, i will be a happy camper! ;D

btw i had a demo of the dual, it was fun but not great

Christuserloeser
June 9th, 2004, 00:25
I do have to say that the creators of Beats Of Rage are very amazing at there work and i can't wait to see there next release as for mods sorry i have to say this and i don't want people to get mad they are basically the same game with different backgrounds and different characters now i am not complaining about the work that the coders have done on the mods they do look good but thinking about mods leaves not much time for other great things that could either be ported or emulated or even a new homebrew game sorry its just my say and if anyone takes a offense to it sorry

The big thing with these mods is that everyone can do so, so if u aren't able to actually code a game you can do a contribution to the scene by doing a mod of an existing one.

I see that u are tired of these mods, but AFAIK only one mod is actually finished atm.

btw: I've seen some mods for other games like Quake, Doom etc recently that reached a very professional level so they were released as a commercial add-on and the ppl behind these mods later became game designers at video game companies.

Chris

Eric
June 9th, 2004, 00:36
You do have a point with coders making mods just to show off how much hard work that has been done to them like i said i have nothing against them and i do find some of the mods that are being created look pretty nice i do think if actual commercial companies seen some of the work you guys do they would offer a job but i don't know

souLLy
June 9th, 2004, 23:51
i doubt itll just be a prettier beats of rage... i'm sure there'll be far more improvements than that. sure it would be nice to see another game style created to that quality, but they're good at what they do. much love to them.