PDA

View Full Version : where can I get the 2.00 update?

omniosiris
January 14th, 2006, 02:57
hey, I just told my freind i'd downgrade his PSP for him, and it turns out he has 1.52 on it. Does anyone know where I can get the 2.00 update so I can downgrade it?

shiftybill
January 14th, 2006, 10:04
it should be on the demo disk that came with his psp

MGFox
January 14th, 2006, 15:10
http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/10

Cheers,
Fox

Lump
January 17th, 2006, 12:51
Hello guys (and girls, presumably). Got a PSP (2.0) for Christmas, from the girlfriend. Came with 1G memory and Liberty City. (She is lovely)
(Oh, yes, the girlfriend is nice too!!):
Have read with interest about the various upgrades, downgrades, emulators, homebrew and whatever else. Have a few questions, and this seemed like a likely place to get some opinions/answers.
1- How come I can't view J-PEG images? I drag and drop off the laptop, onto the PSP. Available memory goes down, so I know something is being transfered, but, as I said, can't seem to view them.
2-I have read about people doing the downgrade, and end up in a world of pain. What are the chanses that I do the PSP some permanent damage, or end up with a PSP that isn't performing as well. (I am considering the 1.5 downgrade, not going to spell it out, but for the obvious reasons.) Is it worth it? Does one have to be a writer of compex code, and with the hacking abilities of a virtual woodpecker to keep the thing from going belly-up after tampering with the firmware? Please discuss.

bill00000
January 17th, 2006, 21:06
1 - Put them in the PSP/PHOTO directory

2 - Downgrading is easy. Just follow the instructions that come with the MPH downgrader. Judging from forum posts and such, the downgrader hasn't bricked too many PSPs. You won't be able to play that GTA game you have unless you upgrade back to 2.0, though.

Lump
January 18th, 2006, 14:44
You won't be able to play that GTA game you have unless you upgrade back to 2.0, though.
Ah.... Sounds like a bit of a palaver then. Might give it a miss..

Cheers!

kiore
January 18th, 2006, 23:35
Re- Lump (2) It's all good just make sure you indeed have ver 2.00 , this can be verified by the LETTER (F) in the top right hand corner of the bar code on the psp box.
then goto. http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-downgrade.php follow the instructions ya can't muck it up ...