PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 60Hz help

Domboulton
November 9th, 2008, 20:21
Hey guys, my first post so please be patient if it's in the wrong place or anything!

My problem is that i have just bought fable 2 and it wont let me play at 50Hz. My TV is brand new and is the Mirai DTL-832E600 32" HD Ready Freeview LCD TV and upon reading the spec should play at 60Hz.

When i change the pal to 60Hz the screens colours are distorted and give a bluey gray look. Sound is fine and there seems to be no lag on gameplay its self. I am using the composite cable that comes with the xbox 360 premium. I am in the UK if that helps?

Other info...Picture is perfect on all my games that can play 50Hz such as Conflict Denied ops (which is pants dont get it) and Brian Lara.

Thank you very much anybody who takes the time to help me out it will be much apriciated.

Cheers, Dom

beetroot bertie
November 11th, 2008, 18:37
Hi Dom, welcome onboard.

Just to confirm, are you using a composite cable or component (splits into 3 wires - red, green and blue and 2 audio wires - red and white).

I don't have Fable 2 but it might be that the game is 60Hz only and that's why it doesn't work - you'll have to check the box sleeve for that as they usually state if they're 60Hz only.

There really should no need to play any games at 50Hz on your LCD TV. You might also want to check the slider on the underside of the A/V plug that connects to the video port on back of the 360. It could be that it's not fully on either the SD or HD position. If it's on the SD, pop it over to HD.

One thing you might also try is to go to the screen settings and force a 60Hz output by saying that the picture isn't good at 50Hz, even if it is. This way, the machine will stay at 60Hz:

1. Connect your Xbox 360 to a display via component video cable
2. Go to the System Blade > Go to Console Settings > Display
3. Set your display setting to a different resolution than the one you are currently using.
4. When it displays “Your display settings have changed. You can keep this setting or try another. Do you want to keep the new settings? If you keep the new settings, your TV will be tested to see if it also supports this setting at 50Hz”, answer “Yes, keep these settings”.
5. Your display will be tested for 50Hz and you should see “Now displaying at 50Hz. Does this display appear correctly?” You should answer “No” to this even if the display is OK.

Sorry if that doesn't help, just thought it might be worth a try.

If your TV has a VGA input then at some stage you might want to try the official VGA cable - it might not solve your problem but in my case offers a noticabley better picture that the component cable. This can vary from one TV to another so if you have a mate with a VGA cable, I'd try it first to see if there's any improvement.

tytrghgf
December 12th, 2008, 01:16
Hey guys, my first post so please be patient if it's in the wrong place or anything!

My problem is that i have just bought fable 2 and it wont let me play at 50Hz. My TV is brand new and is the Mirai DTL-832E600 32" HD Ready Freeview LCD TV and upon reading the spec should play at 60Hz.

When i change the pal to 60Hz the screens colours are distorted and give a bluey gray look. Sound is fine and there seems to be no lag on gameplay its self. I am using the composite cable that comes with the xbox 360 premium. I am in the UK if that helps?

Other info...Picture is perfect on all my games that can play 50Hz such as Conflict Denied ops (which is pants dont get it) and Brian Lara.

Thank you very much anybody who takes the time to help me out it will be much apriciated.

Cheers, Dom

:thumbup: ,oh , you can see the dvd and check where is the problem , and rejoin it again , , maybe it can help you , you can have a try ,