PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x TYL ME - 5 to 10fps

Strike Da Mic
November 10th, 2008, 07:56
Hi all

I just hacked my PSP fat and made it homebrew enabled. I love the possibilities, alread have PSP Genesis and Snes9x TYL me installed. But the latter is giving me problems.

Virtually every game runs VERY, VERY slow. DOOM for SNES even ran at something around 2fps - unplayable. I've set the clock speed to 333Mhz, frameskip 2, PSP emulation + accurate - I tried everything, it won't get better. I'm very frustrated over this since I have around 700 ROMs that I would like to play, but most of them are simply unplayable at speeds like these.

PSP Genesis, for instance, runs perfectly (slight graphical errors though, but they don't bother me).

Can anyone help?

My PSP fat runs 5.00 M33-2 with a 1.50 kernel. The version info for Snes9x says

Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 (3.xx) ME, Build on Wed Oct 17 12:00:05 EST 2007, With GCC 4.1.0 (PSPDEV 20060507)

Thanks!

Metta
November 10th, 2008, 10:36
Try changing the frameskip to AUTO.

Bobablob
November 10th, 2008, 18:06
The biggest problem you face is that there are a multitude of versions of snes9x. The one that was recently updated by an unknown japanese coder is by far the best. In combination with the snesadvance.dat speed-hacks file, you should be able to achieve full-speed in the vast majority of games, including super metroid, zelda, super mario all-stars, chrono trigger, etcetera, all with full sound.

JLF65
November 11th, 2008, 23:43
The latest SNES9X is in the first post of this thread: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=111354

Father Thunder
September 8th, 2009, 10:12
The biggest problem you face is that there are a multitude of versions of snes9x. The one that was recently updated by an unknown japanese coder is by far the best. In combination with the snesadvance.dat speed-hacks file, you should be able to achieve full-speed in the vast majority of games, including super metroid, zelda, super mario all-stars, chrono trigger, etcetera, all with full sound.

hey bro. the names joe. how exactly do you do that if you dont mind me askin

Eviltaco64
September 8th, 2009, 10:24
hey bro. the names joe. how exactly do you do that if you dont mind me askin

If you really need help, then make your own thread. Don't bump threads that are almost a year old.

Topic closed.