PDA

View Full Version : Handicapped PS3 Owner Builds Frankenstein's Controller

wraggster
November 10th, 2008, 23:53
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2008/11/494x_frankenstiencontroller.jpg

What would it take to stop you from gaming? If you said being bedridden, hooked up to various machines with limited use of your limbs, then you are a complete wuss. Just ask PlayStation 3 forum poster KitsuneYume, who built a PS3 controller he works with his entire body, including his mouth. While the setup won't win any product design awards, it allows Kitsune there access to 20 out of 25 possible controller functions using 16 switches and a joystick he controls with his tongue, all wired into a standard PS3 controller.

The main reason I put this on the PlayStation website was to show people that even the most limited person can still enjoy console gaming just as much... anyone else. the controller was pretty easy to make except for converting the analog signals into digital signals for when I use the various switches. this took about two months to build and get working effectively.

http://kotaku.com/5082293/handicapped-ps3-owner-builds-frankensteins-controller

Triv1um
November 11th, 2008, 00:07
Amazing. Fairplay to him.

mcdougall57
November 11th, 2008, 00:45
I'm amazed he actually built the damn thing.

Heero808
November 11th, 2008, 03:46
hmm 20 out of 25 functions Id like to know the five because i hope it doesnt stop him from playing games.

Mc_Logical
November 11th, 2008, 09:32
hmm 20 out of 25 functions Id like to know the five because i hope it doesnt stop him from playing games.

"Using 16 switches" Count the ps controller 16, well not including the ps button, or am I wrong? lol

vitorgatti
November 11th, 2008, 13:13
awesome...!

7th-son
November 11th, 2008, 18:16
dont get me wrong, but it does sound a little strange doesn't it?
he cant play with a normal joypad
but he can make his own, with switches and soldering and stuff like that?

or am i missing something

again: dont get me wrong, i think it's cool that even a handicapped person can play games like any other person! it's the way it should be

mcdougall57
November 11th, 2008, 23:40
dont get me wrong, but it does sound a little strange doesn't it?
he cant play with a normal joypad
but he can make his own, with switches and soldering and stuff like that?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking :S unless he soldered using his tongue? ...maybe?

jamotto
November 12th, 2008, 00:31
He designed it, but had help building it.